Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Crack on. Let bco have a look before backfill
  2. Permission yes but this could be indirect if neighbours pipework currently only serves them. Sounds entirely desirable OP. If i were you I'd be concentrating on making sure you have a legal right to run drains on their ground. The work is the easy part.
  3. I want cheap and cheerful
  4. What's best to seal my new garagefloor with? Apparently pva reactivates when gets wet
  5. What area are you in might help us make recommendations. Unfortunately timber option is expensive. Those slim line units are expensive too. I renovated 4 Windows with them in summer. Think customer could of had pvc supply and fit just for what those units cost
  6. I could bang a row of oncrete edgings in behind these if other forum users think rain runoff from door splash will be excessively bad? Will tanking/painting first 2" be as good? Yes btw plan is to lap dpm up behind these
  7. Was my job as apprentice to coil air hoses up In Australia. Urgh wouldn't want that agro of hoses and compressor
  8. Are you loaded?! Sips for a garage the world's gone mad
  9. Could I get mine to work today no chance. Put the 4 gas I had next to kettle and boiled worked no probs after. Top tip! I service my own get on YouTube
  10. I've just set one up using edging blocks tipped outwards and I'm going to have a trowled chamber and arris where this joins. Concrete will protrude out around 20mm past door but not to concerned about small amount of rain running onto it. Could paint/tank this strip. Gradient I'm doing an inch or so in around 1200mm with paving set half inch below kerb blocks
  11. I'd be taking out cheapest unoccupied policy available. Chances are you will never use it. Just make sure it covers you for what you want.
  12. Better than hitting your thumb with the awkward spaces you sometimes have to get in. It's more of a dedicated tf frame chippies bit of kit. Well done on hiring one wouldn't of thought a lot of places have on fleet
  13. Oz07

    Lignacite block

    I've been getting a few for this garage 9.90 m2! Not been enough to hammer out a deal
  14. Oz07

    Lignacite block

    whats everyone paying now for blocks?
  15. I think you could ask them whether rejecting the extension would result in refusal. Don't think they could admit to that pen on paper
  16. Cheers temp defiantly won't be agreeing to extension of time then just to make their figures look good. Wasn't particularly trying to escape 106 just wondered why they were so keen to have the extension!
  17. Local authority I have an application in with at the moment have a 6 week backlog before they even pick up applications. With the statutory time for a decision being 8 weeks (correct if I'm wrong) its clear they have no chance. I have noticed they are quite hot on getting you to agree to an extension of time with applications and getting this is writing. Why is this? As I understand it you can go starting to planning inspectorate for a decision if past 8 weeks. Does this benefit you in any way? Are they likely to be more lenient? Or is it that the planning inspector will work to a very short timescale? (2/3weeks?) If you refuse to agree to extension but then leave it in LA's hands what happens then? I assume they process as normal but it would become 'official' that they were late? There has to be a reason why they are so hot on getting that agreement. Another angle, round here they charge S106 on new houses via a unilateral undertaking. They say they aren't making you 'buy' planning but effectively it is. Is it the case that if they are late with a decision, you choose to take it to inspectorate that they wont then implement the S106 as it is supposed to be individual to the application? Interesting thoughts hope there is some planners/consultants that could shed light! Thanks
  18. I found this out early last year, pre app took longer than an application would of as applications take priority. Planner advised some changes, I submitted as was originally drawn as didn't agree (subservient extension etc) and was passed without question. These local authorities are becoming a joke. Time for a reduction in planning fees!
  19. Have another wall to remove in property which requires structural engineer. Will be desk based exercise no site visit required. Whats a fair price to pay buildhubbers? I've had one quote back at 175 all in will get a couple more
  20. My god how the other half live!
  21. Think towable weight is easier to resell? Whats this upto maybe 2.8t max? Having said that you might get more bang for your buck buying one which can't be towed think 5t. As you're living it in one spot shouldn't bother you
  22. Funnily enough weather was ok so cracked on outside. HD lintel with 50 kn/m UDL cheap enough in merchants. I got the tape out today and checked where I want my opening. Its about 450mm away from this support. There is actually existing opening into a different room below this. I would say the edge of the door frame is plumb with this support. Bet they haven't gone crazy above the door n all!
  23. It will be b,regs but hadn't anticipated doing this just yet. To be fair I think I can move doorway away from this load slightly maybe 300mm away. Would rather be safe than sorry so glad I posed the question can always pick a steel up.
  24. Could really do with understanding if 30kn/m would be anywhere close, in laymans terms
×
×
  • Create New...