Jump to content

Gone West

Members
  • Posts

    4668
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    20

Everything posted by Gone West

  1. Yes, we did it. We built a small, 130m2, to much better than minimum PH standards, house. We heated the whole house to 23C using three electric towel rails, one in each of the bathrooms and 250W electric UFH in the kitchen. We fitted the UFH because there was nowhere to fit a heated towel rail in the kitchen. We installed a Genvex Combi 185LS which provided MVHR, DHW and warm air heating through the MVHR ducting. The warm air heating only came on in the coldest periods. The Genvex unit had a 685W EASHP which heated the integral 185 litre DHW tank to 45C and warmed the air. It worked well but only because the house design was modelled very carefully using the PHPP. Energy usage was very low.
  2. A decent builder should be able to do that with no problems.
  3. The slate acts as a DPC and was common in homes of that age. That will be a large part of the problem and until the ground level is lowered to around 150mm below the DPC it will be difficult to know what other problems exist, if any. As has been suggested an ACO drain or gravel along that wall, after it has been dug out, could solve all the problems.
  4. Has it always been paved like that. Can you mark where the level of the DPC is on the latest photo.
  5. The air brick being half covered isn't good, so as @MikeGrahamT21 said
  6. I should imagine it's a generational thing. We watch Talking Pictures probably more than 50% of the time and wouldn't dream of watching Netflix etc.
  7. A new register board in the chimney breast.
  8. In a bungalow with a chimney removed down into a cold loft would, in your opinion, filling it with EPS beads be as good an option.
  9. It is the only way 😃.
  10. I used red and blue conduit for my water pipes, so it was easy to check my first fix was ok.
  11. Ahh, the good old days. In my view all utility providers should be non profit making.
  12. Maybe it depends on how the property is marketed. We marketed ours, as built to PH standards, and included details of the heating requirements. The two buyers who were left at the end, outbidding each other, had both gone to the bother to find out about PH standards and were looking for properties with an "A" EPC. I guess it's the luck of the draw.
  13. The decision could be made by the car manufacturers irrespective of what the government requires, as yet another manufacturer is to stop making diesels. https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2023/09/volvo-to-make-its-last-diesel-vehicle-in-early-2024/
  14. No it was my experience. Could be many things that affect house sales in different parts of the country.
  15. A friend converted a timber framed barn and cleaned all the timbers, mostly oak and elm, with oxalic acid. Worked well but took a long time.
  16. We sold our house as soon as it went on the market. We had people bidding against each other for it and the final price was well above the asking price. They were interested in it because it was built to PH standards with an EPC of A95 without any PVs.
  17. I did a planting plan and was able to reclaim VAT on a lot of what was planted. What we actually did was only loosely based on the plan and nobody checked it. This was many years ago and I probably only did it using MS Paint.
  18. @irondezi I fitted NuLok back in 2011. I fitted it to an easy area myself and found it straightforward. I had the main roof, with dormers, tiled using NuLok recommended installers. I didn't use the NuLok PV tiles. I've since moved house but didn't have any problems during the seven years before moving.
  19. The only landscaping aspect the BCO was interested in, with my build, was the wheelchair access from the parking area to the front door.
  20. @Andyh Welcome to the forum. I shall be watching this thread carefully as these are questions I would find the answers interesting to know, as I am considering changing from oil to A2A.
  21. Works fine on mine. Try this:-
  22. https://flameport.com/wiring_regulations/BS7671_selected_subjects/zones_concealed_cables.cs4
  23. https://mitweb.co.uk/services/home-heating-oil-devon-cornwall/hvo-renewable-home-heating-fuel/
  24. Yeah I know, but I may have misunderstood the OP as I thought meant not surface mounted.
  25. I don't think that would be allowed as it's not in a safe zone as shown in blue below.
×
×
  • Create New...