Hep 20 Manifold

JanetE

Just plan well ahead if inserting the reducers directly into the manifold, as they are a pita to remove. 
If there’s any doubt, use a 150mm long piece of copper pipe inserted into the manifold so you can get the clip on removal tool in play. 

Prob then best to use a ‘socket’ reducer vs ‘spigot’ to save having to buy a coupler. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-plastic-push-fit-reducing-coupler-15mm-x-10mm/7165f?ref=SFAppShare

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just plan well ahead if inserting the reducers directly into the manifold, as they are a pita to remove. 
If there’s any doubt, use a 150mm long piece of copper pipe inserted into the manifold so you can get the clip on removal tool in play. 

Prob then best to use a ‘socket’ reducer vs ‘spigot’ to save having to buy a coupler. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-plastic-push-fit-reducing-coupler-15mm-x-10mm/7165f?ref=SFAppShare

now you tell me! I should've listened to @Pocster  🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just been absolutely crazy busy with work lately, shouldn’t complain, so I may have to get @Pocster to temp for me now and then :D 

I’ll try my best . Been busy doing intellectually higher things than tiling and plumbing . That’s so beneath me now . 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, BotusBuild said:

damn! they're so much cheaper than the hep2o ones. even if you have to buy hep2o couplers and run a bit of copper to the hep2o coupler and then plastic on from there it'll still be so much cheaper. it's too late for me but I'll be interested in Nick's response.

34 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

damn! they're so much cheaper than the hep2o ones. even if you have to buy hep2o couplers and run a bit of copper to the hep2o coupler and then plastic on from there it'll still be so much cheaper. it's too late for me but I'll be interested in Nick's response.

I paid 40.96 each for my HEP manifolds. (end of last year)

1 hour ago, Thorfun said:

Ffs ! Saving pennies ! . Buy the proper Hep2o ones . Divorce will cost you more than ” best bargain from China , much goodness , best quality , not rubbish , you pay now ? , my sister waiting also , much goodness , she cheap also , what you want now ? “ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pocster said:

Saving pennies !

Nope, saving pounds. Cheapest Hep20 4 port 3/4" I can find is currently £54.88 vs £35.59. I call that a good difference and one worth investigating.

5 minutes ago, BotusBuild said:

Nope, saving pounds. Cheapest Hep20 4 port 3/4" I can find is currently £54.88 vs £35.59. I call that a good difference and one worth investigating.

I've used the Screwfix ones they are excellent. Used John guest spigot reducers for the 10 mm runs.

Well worth the saving.

IMG_20240219_100446.jpg

8 minutes ago, BotusBuild said:

I bought mine from Travis Perkins for 40.96 each

I went with these:

https://www.mpmoran.co.uk/henco-4-port-manifold-with-valve-eurocone-connection-o-ring-brass-blue-frac34-quot-x-45x75x190mm-109138135

£32 inc. VAT

16mm and 12mm MLCP was significantly cheaper than JG PEX when I looked.

Mind it’s probably £150 in MLCP compression fittings across 13 rads and about the same number of water outlets. Dunno how JG fittings would have compared, but it all probably balances out

Got the Reliance valves yesterday, and found something not in the description - the indicator can be flipped over for hot outlets 😀.  Obviously not on the same manifold. Picture for reference only 😉

1709124175971685668460799203431.thumb.jpg.3f26c6c6eaf9dcc8ff5e9650b28a8f61.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BotusBuild said:

Got the Reliance valves yesterday, and found something not in the description - the indicator can be flipped over for hot outlets 😀.  Obviously not on the same manifold. Picture for reference only 😉

1709124175971685668460799203431.thumb.jpg.3f26c6c6eaf9dcc8ff5e9650b28a8f61.jpg

that's on my snag list ..... But never noticed the descriptions, need my readers on to actually see the letters 🤣.....

• 2 weeks later...