Scaffolding

4 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

Does seem a little excessive and expensive, nice to work from though 

Yep Around a hundred like that 

That’s H&S gone mad. The risk assessment should have highlighted that the risk of injury moving, erecting and dismantling that scaffold is far greater than the risk having a much simpler staging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

3 trestles and 4 planks.

No trestles allowed or ladders 

even have to weekly tag 450 mil hop ups 😁

image.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, nod said:

FFS. so glad I've moved to the Highlands where no one can see what's going on. This country is doomed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nod said:

I wonder if any of us will take this much care to scaffold a single garage 

Complete with its own loading bay 

404778D3-527F-4776-B0E2-C98268C80156.jpeg

There is quite a gap where the door opening is.  Maybe it should have handrail and toe boards either side!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Jenki said:

FFS. so glad I've moved to the Highlands where no one can see what's going on. This country is doomed

Same here. 😂 The ‘scaffold’ I built to paint the awkward reveals above the stairs was perfectly safe. 😉 

20 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

There is quite a gap where the door opening is.  Maybe it should have handrail and toe boards either side!

Yes, very high risk of someone putting a foot down there. Work should be suspended immediately!

58 minutes ago, nod said:

This I agree with. The standards on quickstage scaffolding are far too well design to shimmy up them instead of using ladders 😁

28 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Very narrow garage 

In my experience the hse inspectors were always sensible and pragmatic about safe access, but private company safety officers were not. 

The latter were justifying their existences, watching their own backs that they couldn't be blamed, and in some cases it was just power.

I'm sure one was waiting for a backhander to look the other way. 

1 hour ago, nod said:

image.jpg

My plasterer used a couple of plastic milk crates (remember them)  No tags.

Seen plenty using upturned buckets.

We're having a pop at high standards of practice. Someone who's taking obvious care. Probably not a very nice person to live with - pernickety,  picky,  - but he takes care (Yes I know.... 'he') 

I want him on my next build please Gary. Got his contact details? I'll pay 20% more for that sort of attention to detail.

6 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

3 trestles and 4 planks.

I built my two houses to joist using 12 Planks and 16 trestles. Then I had it scaffolded. I don't care what people say we didn't have one injury from people hitting their heads on scaffold clips. 

What business have to do to comply with HSE and what home owners do are 2 different things.

every grand design I’ve seen, domestic steps on site, grinding away with no dust suppression, etc etc….  It’s can be taken too far but rather that than some bamboo lashed together

11 hours ago, nod said:

I wonder if any of us will take this much care to scaffold a single garage 

Complete with its own loading bay 

NO. (In a word).

I can’t see anything wrong with this set up 🤷‍♂️

IMG_0396.jpeg

And I thought the 2 lift scaffolding staircase I had was posh! (and very useful for getting stuff up to the top)

Is it just me, or did they spend all the money on scaffolding so couldn't afford labour to mix the brick packs up thoroughly?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, twice round the block said:

Not keen on the brick choice. 

Why is there a brick pier laying on the ground that was obviously not tied into anything and been pushed over?

Took me a couple of minutes to find that. Does not look like the pier at the other end is tied in as well. 

At least they have put in the flashing for the roof.