Laser Level - Recommendations?

richo106

Hi all

My very old laser level has finally gave up the ghost and I need a new one for when I start on the internal fit out. I’ll be needing one for socket heights, spotlight layout, fitting kitchen units, installing stud walls etc…

Can any one recommend one at all? 

One them keeps cropping up is a budget one called a Huepar.

https://uk.huepar.com/products/huepar-3x360-3d-laser-level-green-cross-line-laser-self-leveling-147ft-45m-large-power-903cg

Happy to consider any recommendations though 

Many Thanks 

I got one of these for indoor use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B092HXDGS3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works for me but I've got nothing to compare with.

Frequently you want the laser to draw a line through an existing mark. Say a vertical line. It can be fiddly to do that because small movements of the laser level translate to large movements of the line on the wall. A tripod with a knob you turn to rotate the level might solve that. Also needs a way to raise and lower the unit to adjust the height of horizontal lines smoothly. Otherwise you need a lot of different thickness blocks of wood etc.

I have the DeWalt as well. Had a couple cheaper Chinese 5hings from Amazon that had loads of features but the robustness of a dry leaf. Killed two before getting the DeWalt. 

I then got the laser receiver and mated it to a 25 x 50mm batten and now I've got a levelling kit.

Screenshot_2023-01-28-15-35-58-903_com_ebay.mobile.thumb.jpg.5ffe085b38db44c0a5c352b060e3a296.jpg

I have one of these, built my garage with it. 

Twice it's come to save the day when a DeWalt level and then an expensive rental model went bust. 

Its about 4 years old, never got any special treatment and is still going strong. 

18 hours ago, richo106 said:

One them keeps cropping up is a budget one called a Huepar.

8 hours ago, Thorfun said:

I have a Huepar. It’s a great little unit. A few others on here also have one. Do a search and you’ll find some threads about them. 

Yup, I have a couple of Huepar, but the 603CG with the receiver unit and an extendable pole, so works great for landscaping too. Couldn't be happier with it. It's robust, dropped off scaffolding and out of my hands at height a couple of times. The other day I accidently kicked it out of a loft hatch and it landed on one of the ladder rungs in an unfortunate way that broke the protection cage and glass over one of the lazers, but it's still working fine with no harm to the lazer itself. The first one I bought developed a fault with the horizontal lazer. One email and a video and I received a warranty replacement within 24 hours, so the customer support is there too.

Hi All

I have decided to go with the Huepar 603CG. I think this is exactly what I am looking for, for the price and functionality I think its worth a try!

With the options to buy the extras also appealing

Thanks for all the comments/advice very much appreciated

• Like 1