My self-build DIY plumbing

Thorfun

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Do you mean the Kappa cistern..? Check your choice of flush plates fit the cisterns as they have different ones for Delta, Sigma and Kappa 

no. I was looking at the Sigma cistern. I thought the UP320 was Sigma.

10 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

no. I was looking at the Sigma cistern. I thought the UP320 was Sigma.

The flush plates can be bitch expensive. 
from memory I choose the plastic ‘chrome ‘ for 45 quid . The real geberit chrome was like 160 quid or something dumb . I Um’d and ah’d over that because anything tactile I want to be absolute solid I.e metal . It’s probably the only thing I let go ( though now I’m annoyed and might change it ! ) . So taps / door handles / shower fittings - metal , solid I.e unfortunately expensive .

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

The flush plates can be bitch expensive. 
from memory I choose the plastic ‘chrome ‘ for 45 quid . The real geberit chrome was like 160 quid or something dumb . I Um’d and ah’d over that because anything tactile I want to be absolute solid I.e metal . It’s probably the only thing I let go ( though now I’m annoyed and might change it ! ) . So taps / door handles / shower fittings - metal , solid I.e unfortunately expensive .

yeah, I know they are. but s**t happens and then you have to cough up the cash to flush it away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

yeah, I know they are. but s**t happens and then you have to cough up the cash to flush it away.

Not sure of your choices for fittings . But I mainly went with roper Rhodes . If I hit you with one of their taps it would kill you . I like that . Not killing you ; but the fact it’s not plastic shitty shat crap .

• Like 1

Just now, pocster said:

Not sure of your choices for fittings . But I mainly went with roper Rhodes . If I hit you with one of their taps it would kill you . I like that . Not killing you ; but the fact it’s not plastic shitty shat crap .

not got as far as looking for fittings yet!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thorfun said:

you both mean here?

image.jpeg.7984916a2323b02600ba41110c3277ff.jpeg

and how am I supposed to bend a threaded steel rod?! I don’t have a rebar bender. 

bend it on your knee.

or drill a 10mm hole through a bot of wood and bend it with that.

rod bends easily rebar not so much👌

3 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Do you need a fire collar around the pipe?

How are you sealing the penetration?

don't know. didn't know I had to. 

do I have to have fire collars around every penetration/hole between the ground floor and the basement? I have a rather large service cavity that will take all my plumbing and electrics from the comms/plant rooms in the basement to the rest of the house above ground

Pass, is there any fire strategy drawings?

I appreciate  you are doing a lot of work yourself,  I don’t get involved in fire risk assessments , just follow their guidance as I like to have others put their insurance/design on the line.

but worth looking into sealing of risers/penetrations with some experience.

https://www.thebesa.com/media/1409061/firestopping-of-service-penetrations-guide.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Ignore the cheap skates on here with shite like “ a taps a tap “ , “ what’s wrong with ikea “ - android users typically .

What about Lidl's Livarno or Miomare stuff? Sounds Italian so must be good...

😉

5 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Pass, is there any fire strategy drawings?

nope. but I will look in to it and can ask the architects. I don't recall seeing anything on the BR drawings but will double check again.

thanks for the link I'll give it a read tomorrow.

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Ignore the cheap skates on here with shite like “ a taps a tap “ , “ what’s wrong with ikea “ - android users typically

You mean sensible people who would rather not pay the Apple Tax😀

42 minutes ago, Onoff said:

What about Lidl's Livarno or Miomare stuff? Sounds Italian so must be good...

😉

Foreign muck.

IMG_20221026_221907368.thumb.jpg.da2495b32d37dcbfea42251ebe5fc8ad.jpg

2 hours ago, Ian Phillips said:

If you need some ideas, here is my attempt at the manifold setup in my garage 👍

82C07529-DF14-42F9-9CFC-6B0AD2A5A5B0.jpeg

950D1893-C0AC-4EF6-A2E7-A8669CE6DA30.jpeg

it's funny, I was talking to your dad about your manifold system as I mentioned to him I was starting mine soon. when he said you and he did it together I wasn't expecting such a piece of artwork! well done indeed. 

sadly, I have a feeling mine will not be as neat as this as I have a small gap to feed all the pipes through so they'll all bunch up as they go through the ceiling of the basement to the ground floor.

3 hours ago, Ian Phillips said:

If you need some ideas, here is my attempt at the manifold setup in my garage 👍

82C07529-DF14-42F9-9CFC-6B0AD2A5A5B0.jpeg

950D1893-C0AC-4EF6-A2E7-A8669CE6DA30.jpeg

Any chance of sleeving that COLD valve handle with some blue heatshrink? I won't be able to sleep.

😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2