My self-build DIY plumbing

Thorfun

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Ours neither, it’s warm mixed water, outside, you haven’t actually got a washroom for the dog inside surely 🤪🤪

yup! just inside the backdoor so he can go straight in to the shower after a walk. also means we don't have to stand outside in the cold and rain to wash him off.

it's a self-build......build it how you want it and don't give a **** what others think. 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thorfun said:

yup! just inside the backdoor so he can go straight in to the shower after a walk. also means we don't have to stand outside in the cold and rain to wash him off.

it's a self-build......build it how you want it and don't give a **** what others think. 😂

Facilities for the dog but not for the mistress ??

On 01/01/2023 at 17:38, crispy_wafer said:

Bit like this?  I think 3/4 to 22mm compression elbow, then make up the loop, soldered Tee fitting and drain valve.

image.png.275470bb61ea2c87971540049171622e.png

Copyright infringement alert :D 

NOTE: I only did this like a ring as there was a large cold mains accumulator to boost the cold mains, and the client wanted to be able to run 4 showers simultaneously, plus other cold devices ( appliances ) running too. So an extreme case. 

looking for some quick assistance here please (probably from @Nickfromwales as the resident hep20 expert!).

bought some 15mm -> 10mm spigots for my HRC pipes. they look like this:

image.jpeg.1c874760bcd91509c67793208bf66696.jpeg

I can't fit an insert in the end that goes into the 15mm connector on the manifold. I presume that's by design? I just need a 10mm insert in the 10mm pipe that goes into the 'mushroom' end of the spigot?

I've found some pictures on the web that show these spigots with inserts and some that don't! maybe Wavin changed the design? 

15 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

looking for some quick assistance here please (probably from @Nickfromwales as the resident hep20 expert!).

bought some 15mm -> 10mm spigots for my HRC pipes. they look like this:

image.jpeg.1c874760bcd91509c67793208bf66696.jpeg

I can't fit an insert in the end that goes into the 15mm connector on the manifold. I presume that's by design? I just need a 10mm insert in the 10mm pipe that goes into the 'mushroom' end of the spigot?

I've found some pictures on the web that show these spigots with inserts and some that don't! maybe Wavin changed the design? 

Yes . The ‘funny’ end just goes straight into any hep20 fitting 👍.

Too slow @Nickfromwales

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ToughButterCup said:

Yeah, but the thing is, can you get the damn thing back out once  - in error - you've put it in.

hopefully with those metal thin hep20 pipe removers?

it's a good point though. i might have to return these and get normal reducers (short length of 15mm pipe into manifold to 15mm->10mm reducer) if you can't remove them as i'm bound to make a mistake!

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

hopefully with those metal thin hep20 pipe removers?

it's a good point though. i might have to return these and get normal reducers (short length of 15mm pipe into manifold to 15mm->10mm reducer) if you can't remove them as i'm bound to make a mistake!

I’ve used them when I have too ( or all I had on site ) . If wrong ( and you can’t undo them ) just remove it . You’ll use it somewhere else for sure .

Just now, pocster said:

I’ve used them when I have too ( or all I had on site ) . If wrong ( and you can’t undo them ) just remove it . You’ll use it somewhere else for sure .

are you talking about the spigots? if i can't remove it then i'll need to replace the manifold!

Just now, pocster said:

Buy new fittings . They are cheap - don’t worry . 

the brass hep20 manifolds are not cheap! and if i've got a spigot stuck in one port then it could be a problem.