My self-build DIY plumbing

Thorfun

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

qq. what's the best way to test my water manifolds before I put them on the wall and attach the pipes? I have a pressure tester (https://www.screwfix.com/p/bailey-drain-air-testing-kit/19536) that I used for my soil pipes. will this suffice with a 3/4" testing plug? or is there a better way?

Nah . Do like me . Stick ‘em on the wall . Water on . Soon find out if there’s a leak 💪

• Haha 1

Just now, pocster said:

Nah . Do like me . Stick ‘em on the wall . Water on . Soon find out if there’s a leak 💪

i was trying to do something correctly for a change.

and the thought of unplugging >15 hep2o pushfit pipes from each manifold was something i was hoping to avoid

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

i was trying to do something correctly for a change.

and the thought of unplugging >15 hep2o pushfit pipes from each manifold was something i was hoping to avoid

I connected 1 at a time . Turned it on and wait ( maybe a leak maybe not - some times forgetting the other end of the pipe is open - which guarantees a leak 😁

Grow a pair and do as I say . This is the proper way . Not faffing with some air test kit to give you a false sense of security .

I want water - and I want it now !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

some times forgetting the other end of the pipe is open - which guarantees a leak 😁

🤣

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

Grow a pair and do as I say . This is the proper way . Not faffing with some air test kit to give you a false sense of security .

well, our heating engineers are coming back to connect the UVC to the manifolds in lovely soldered copper and so I can't easily connect the pipes they've left ready and the manifold. I guess I could just put the manifolds on the wall and then attach the hep2o pipes AFTER they've been connected up with water but I'm a little impatient. also, the hep2o pipes for the cold water manifold will be underneath a piece of wood with the hot water manifold over them so connecting the cold water pipes might be a bit trickier with the lack of movement available in the pipes once covered over (if that makes any sense at all!). which is why I simply wanted to test the manifolds first and then I could connect at my leisure while I await the heating engineers to come back and finish the job.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2023 at 15:23, pocster said:

I connected 1 at a time . Turned it on and wait ( maybe a leak maybe not - some times forgetting the other end of the pipe is open - which guarantees a leak 😁

@pocster my hairy ones aren't as big as yours and I decided to connect a hose to my manifold to test it with water. no leaks were found. time to put it back on the wall and put the hep2o pipes in to it.

image.jpeg.1ec160268888eedcea0c957380bfa28c.jpeg

should've trusted my work and not bothered with the testing! could've saved myself a couple of quick on a 3/4" male-male connector.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

@pocster my hairy ones aren't as big as yours and I decided to connect a hose to my manifold to test it with water. no leaks were found. time to put it back on the wall and put the hep2o pipes in to it.

should've trusted my work and not bothered with the testing! could've saved myself a couple of quick on a 3/4" male-male connector.

Get it in situ - it will leak then 😁👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

That just your cold manifold ? - 20 !!! 🙄

Just now, pocster said:

That just your cold manifold ? - 20 !!! 🙄

yeah. 20 on the cold (actually 19 as there's one spare just in case or for future expansion). and that doesn't include all the toilets as those will come from the RWH. I should've built a smaller house, might be finished by now if I had.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

yeah. 20 on the cold (actually 19 as there's one spare just in case or for future expansion). and that doesn't include all the toilets as those will come from the RWH. I should've built a smaller house, might be finished by now if I had.

Never be finished . You are a lifer like me . Maybe parole- but unlikely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ProDave said:

How the other half live.

I have just counted up the total here, 19, that's all hot, all cold, all toilets, and the outside taps.

Yeah @Thorfun is just an arrogant show off ! . “ look at my manifold “ ffs . Bet the bitch leaks … 😎

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I really wanted to read the labels.  Any chance of a larger image?

What did you want to know? Nothing special going on. 4 bathrooms, 2 cloakrooms, dog shower, fridge/freezer, dishwasher etc. usual household stuff!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

Me. Man’s best friend remember. 

Bollocks . Shits everywhere . Barks all the time . Can’t go for a walk on its own . Even needs its own hep20 pipework . (expletive deleted) that . You left handed as well ?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pocster said:

Bollocks . Shits everywhere . Barks all the time . Can’t go for a walk on its own . Even needs its own hep20 pipework . (expletive deleted) that . You left handed as well ?

Everything (including the dog shower) needs it’s own feed so I can work on things and bring them online at a later date. The dog shower will not be finished before we move in so I can leave it isolated and work on it when I can. 

that’s the beauty of the manifold system! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thorfun said:

Everything (including the dog shower) needs it’s own feed so I can work on things and bring them online at a later date. The dog shower will not be finished before we move in so I can leave it isolated and work on it when I can. 

that’s the beauty of the manifold system! 

A dog shower differs from a human shower how ? .