Where is the kWh price heading in 2022?

1 minute ago, pocster said:

No , no , no . I like the same questions over and over again because even I can get to answer some . I then appear knowledgeable and experienced. That then inflates my low self esteem and perceived worth . To take this away and have pages of “ answers to common questions “ would leave me wanting 😞🥲

I can create a page of relaxing, but muscle enhancing, images just for you.

Rebel that I am, I'm not sure I've ever read any forums FAQs, welcome page etc. I'm just not made that way. Dive straight into etc. Same with TV instruction books. 

"BE SURE TO READ HERE FIRST!" just doesn't compute with me. 

33 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Rebel that I am, I'm not sure I've ever read any forums FAQs, welcome page etc. I'm just not made that way. Dive straight into etc. Same with TV instruction books. 

You would follow a link if asked to though.

Whilst I completely agree with insulating, the problem isn’t (IMHO) the lovely old buildings in this country, but the mass construction of poorly created houses from 1950s onwards. issues with insulation and draft proofing then lead to an increase in damp and mould. Insulation has to happen with ventilation so isn’t always so straightforward to just bung a shedload more insulation in and plug all drafts.

However, back on topic, what price per kWh are we expecting in oct, or what are we expecting the price cap to be and how that equates to a kWh price?

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

A TV should not need an instruction book.  If it is so badly designed that it is not possible to use it without reading the manual it is a fail.  "If all else fails, rtfm"

5 minutes ago, CotswoldDoItUpper said:

However, back on topic, what price per kWh are we expecting in oct, or what are we expecting the price cap to be and how that equates to a kWh price?

And related to that, just how long can the energy companies continue selling to consumers at a loss thanks to the cap?  How long before none are left or we are back to one nationalised CEGB?

5 minutes ago, ProDave said:

And related to that, just how long can the energy companies continue selling to consumers at a loss thanks to the cap?  How long before none are left or we are back to one nationalised CEGB?

SSE Are going to be next according to my smart meter this morning.

It says I'm still paying 11.98p/kWh

IMG_20220401_095126422_HDR.jpg.5b07288653095f5638c459abcc95edf3.jpg

Obviously it's not had an OTA update but I take exception to this kind of sloppiness. If that was a petrol pump or Taxi meter and it showed one measure of what I was buying - then I was actually charged twice as much when it came time to pay I would not just let it pass.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Radian said:

SSE Are going to be next according to my smart meter this morning.

It says I'm still paying 11.98p/kWh

But that in room display is really just a toy, it is not the official meter (though some people think it is)

Talking of SSE, I have not yet received my FIT payment for the meter reading sent in January, and looking at other forums neither have a lot of other people.  Something about being taken over by ovo?

25 minutes ago, ProDave said:

But that in room display is really just a toy, it is not the official meter (though some people think it is)

In some ways yes, but the information displayed is otherwise very accurate - the meter reading and current/daily/monthly/yearly figures are verbatim digital copies of the data relayed to the supply company. Whatever, I still think it's incredibly sloppy... in other financial situations such looseness would not be tolerated.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Talking of SSE, I have not yet received my FIT payment for the meter reading sent in January, and looking at other forums neither have a lot of other people.  Something about being taken over by ovo?

SSE were subsumed by OVO Energy in 2020

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

I get my FIT with SSE and never have a problem I just email them the info.

generation meter read and info emailed last night!

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

I get my FIT with SSE and never have a problem I just email them the info.

generation meter read and info emailed last night!

January reading was due.  Submitted.  Then they asked for a photo of the generation meter as they had not been for 2 years.  submitted and acknowledged.  Nearly 3 months later and no payment.  I can;t complain just yet as their contract states they will pay "within a quarter"  That will be up soon (and the next reading due) then I WILL be complaining.

23 minutes ago, SimonD said:

Was it one of those place that had to be escaped in youth?

No, went to university there, though back then it was Wallisdown college of HE.

After a decade away I bought a holiday home in Weymouth. Who would have thought that a decade later the Olympics would have arrived in town.

Class mate of mine had a girlfriend whose father was the owner of the Corrie Hotel in Swanage. We used to call her Tricia Yates as she had the same hairstyle.

images.jpeg.32fcf963385f685c2a46757eea0a1bb5.jpeg

image.png

Edited by SteamyTea

Seeing as there's absolutely zero prospect of resolving the question in the OP I'm staying firmly off-topic as well 😊

6 minutes ago, SimonD said:

Was it one of those place that had to be escaped in youth?

That's quite amusing to me. I've been around here all my life and have always appreciated the surroundings to the extent of making a conscious decision to stay put. I've travelled around and apart from a few exotic places overseas have never been tempted to move elsewhere. Many of my friends moved away during that youthful escape phase but seem to have a certain nostalgia for the area.

4 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

We used to call her Tricia Yates as she had the same hairstyle.

In 1983 everyone had that hairstyle - including me 😛

19 minutes ago, Radian said:

Many of my friends moved away during that youthful escape phase but seem to have a certain nostalgia for the area.

The early 80s recession hit Dorset quite badly, why I went to college. Never thought that financial services would become the local industry. Or that Sunseeker would start to make multi million pound boats. Or Penske would make some truly great cars (was offered a job but it never materialised, so went to Tiga).

A workmate, who had been a special FX man in the movies (Ray Hanson) said, "live in  a nice place, work where the money is". 

Not a bad thing to do.

I am currently sitting in the sun, looking at an empty harbour.

Edited by SteamyTea

• 2 weeks later...

Another pretty picture from the usual source. You can multiply zero (left graph) by a 1000, but you will still get... not much. Unless a conversation/text about GW, renewables etc. starts with "we recognise we can't even talk about not using FF anytime soon" I personally won't listen as the speaker simply lies to me. 

image.thumb.png.041fc59a65a5338bf7e0b3a33eaebee5.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, CotswoldDoItUpper said:

Given scare tactics of this bbc article, anyone got any real idea what’s likely?!? 

Warning energy bills to hit over £4,200 a year in January

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62475171

and also what consumption is this calculated on? Trying to work out an approx £/kWh

Yes, this annoys me no end. They must start to learn to work in percentages - but that wouldn't give them the scare tactic headline. Ejits. 

My monthly bills were no where near the national average before the hikes and are still less than £100 a month for gas and electric, so even if my bills went up to £200 (over double current prices), I would be on £2400 a year - so telling me bills "could" be £4200 really doesn't help me. 

• Like 1

Someone once told me that the max safe income you can draw from investments is around 4%. So a £millionaire could draw around £40k per year. If energy bills rise to >£4k that would mean even a millionaire could technically meet the definition of someone in fuel poverty (More than 10% of income spent on energy). Not that they need sympathy but its an amazing state of affairs.

46 minutes ago, CotswoldDoItUpper said:

Given scare tactics of this bbc article, anyone got any real idea what’s likely?!? 

Warning energy bills to hit over £4,200 a year in January

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62475171

and also what consumption is this calculated on? Trying to work out an approx £/kWh

It's not just the BBC. The £4,200 figure is being quoted in most of the mainstream media.

The Telegraph says £4,400 in January. 

iNews say £4,700 in April.

Mirror and others suggest £400/m or £4,800/y.

Edit: I think I heard on the radio today that there are a few more days (weeks?) of possible wholesale price rises to go before Ofgem can tell us the October cap.

Edited by Temp