How to remove these marks in the glass??

gc100

Hello,

On all our big sliders, when we get a morning condensation on the glass outside I see 4 sucker marks on each pane. Any recommendations how to remove these? Cleaning doesn't work. I was thinking glass polish like you get for car windows?

IMG_4069-1.jpeg.da28712ffbf0538d31b91b709233fb90.jpeg

3 hours ago, gc100 said:

Hello,

On all our big sliders, when we get a morning condensation on the glass outside I see 4 sucker marks on each pane. Any recommendations how to remove these? Cleaning doesn't work. I was thinking glass polish like you get for car windows?

IMG_4069-1.jpeg.da28712ffbf0538d31b91b709233fb90.jpeg

Got the same ( and worse ) . Try de greasing ( multi solve ) first . Nothing abrasive though .

X marks the spot ?

CE014B3D-3082-46A0-A349-1716D2E107CA.jpeg

Edited by pocster

5 years since our windows went in and we also still get imprints of where the suckers were when there is outside condensation.

Just what do the suckers do to the glass that marks it so it still shows under these conditions?  I don't buy it being anything left behind by the rubber of the pads, it is almost as if the vacuum has actually changed the surface of the glass?

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

5 years since our windows went in and we also still get imprints of where the suckers were when there is outside condensation.

Just what do the suckers do to the glass that marks it so it still shows under these conditions?  I don't buy it being anything left behind by the rubber of the pads, it is almost as if the vacuum has actually changed the surface of the glass?

Glass is  a liquid, of course...

Are those marks caused by damage to the coating on the glass? eg because they put it in the wrong way around the suckers marked the coating?

If that's not it I would try methylated spirit or IPA (not the beer).

I had this mysterious mark show up on my velux a few days ago,  it’s been in for years but I have never seen this before…..  there has been noting put on the window or anything different done. It was gone when the weather got better but still a mystery. 

26AD137C-B85A-4BF9-B73C-8DC64AC1C882.png

1 hour ago, Cpd said:

I had this mysterious mark show up on my velux a few days ago,  it’s been in for years but I have never seen this before…..  there has been noting put on the window or anything different done. It was gone when the weather got better but still a mystery. 

26AD137C-B85A-4BF9-B73C-8DC64AC1C882.png

I see sucker marks even on my shower glazing !!! . They get everywhere !

21 minutes ago, gc100 said:

Ok found something https://www.ventana-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/Explaining-Residue-on-Glass.pdf

CRL Sparkle and then Cerium Oxide if not as per my Amazon link it seems . I’ll let you know how I get on 

Interesting article.  The suction cup marks may not even be as a result of installing the windows in our houses, they might even pre date that and be from handling the glass in the factory.

• Like 1

I'd always give a Magic Eraser I try - never ceases to amaze me how effective it is on a whole variety of surfaces. Handy things to have around so nothing lost if it doesn't work. I just pull a small chunk off and it ends up lasting me years despite having a young daughter who draws on walls and furniture from time to time.

Edited by MJNewton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Interesting article.  The suction cup marks may not even be as a result of installing the windows in our houses, they might even pre date that and be from handling the glass in the factory.

I have them on my Fakro windows...none installed with suckered so all must be from Factory. Can see two distinctive suckered in each.

I will probably try a clay bar at some point or some detailing stuff I use for my car...or we'll used to before I had kiss and decided to build a house.