ProDave

Grand Designs new series

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

No that was the one where they built on a car park previously used by doggers.

What’s a dogger 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

What’s a dogger 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

What’s a dogger 🤷‍♂️

You need to get out more 🙃

We're going to get told off lads!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

I was hoping @Onoff was going to give me a detailed explanation and then @pocster would comment and then @Declan52

could ban them both. 

Dam my plan has failed. 

My final word on the subject is that the term dogger, (I have on good authority from one), is in fact incorrect. "Bogger" was the original term. Boggers would take the family dog for a walk on the pretext of simply that. The dog was used as a handy ruse to 1) get out of the house and 2) be used as an excuse if caught whilst engaging in whatever. 

Remember I’m already bad ass with my bad boy point . You lot need to catch up !

Admin must be busy on Zoots heating system or passed out on wine AGAIN !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

oh no, we are watching .... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I heard they'd all broken Lockdown to travel to a top secret location. Top of the agenda is how to separate an ASHP from a cottage door. Seems there was a transporter accident in a parallel universe and the two got mixed up. 

• Haha 1

feeling very sorry for the wife.

• Like 1

Am I the only one thinking there was nothing eco about that house?

It was just a subterranean house with a novel heating system?

How do they heat their hot water, cook etc?

I'm sure they could have achieved an equal level of 'eco ness' using ASHP and Solar.

Lots of non eco concrete - however much they want to kid themselves they used an eco type. Lots of dirty great big 'oil' based insulation sheets.

And those graphs.....decrement delay....Nice one. Most of the builders on this forum could produce similar graphs for their build without having stuck 500 ton of soil on it😒

Don't get me wrong, looked nice. But 'eco' nah.

Edited by LA3222

However it did work, I remember talking ground heat store and insulated wings being talked about over on the green building forum a few years ago. Hope we get to see the data in the next year or two.

1 minute ago, LA3222 said:

Am I the only one thinking there was nothing eco about that house?

It was just a subterranean house with a novel heating system?

How do they heat their hot water, cook etc?

I'm sure they could have achieved an equal level of 'eco ness' using ASHP and Solar.

Lots of non eco concrete - however much they want to kid themselves they used an eco type. Lots of dirty great big 'oil' based insulation sheets.

And those graphs.....decrement delay....Nice one. Most of the builders on this forum could produce similar graphs for their build without having stuck 500 ton of soil on it😒

Don't get me wrong, looked nice. But 'eco' nah.

It always makes me 🤦‍♂️ when you see third builds saying it’s an eco house and the first thing they do is pour hundreds of tons of concrete.   It looked nice on the inside but the outside looked a bit bunker like, and I couldn’t live with the house at 15-16 degrees! 

Very commendable if it can be "self heating" but how long will the expensive construction take to pay for itself Vs passive level timber frame and small heating cost?

And they were marveling at it achieving about 14 degrees inside.  I don't call that "warm"

I did note the WBS not sure if it was installed yet but it would make sense with the woodland they have.

Heating is one part of the equation. DHW and general appliance use will be a massive chunk of the energy consumption. No provision for them? They spent a massive sum of money to reduce only part of their energy consumption!

Seems to me that the geezer didn't take a step back and look at the bigger picture. This is more like an idea he was fixated on and everything after is geared up to prove himself right.

Yes, the principle works. But was it worth it and did it make sense. I would argue no. I think that the builds on here would be more eco than this one🤷‍♂️

Edited by LA3222

According to Kevin McCloud £310k is social housing level of spend. Arse!

• Haha 1

I'll say it again, I feel sorry for Margretta.