Tesla going in today !

Pocster

14 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I pay more in standing charges.

And that is before taxes on it.

Fuel poverty is a myth, water poverty is the financial killer.

No Council tax poverty is the killer.

Is there anyone here who does NOT pay a LOT more for their council tax than they do for fuel and water combined?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ProDave said:

No Council tax poverty is the killer.

Is there anyone here who does NOT pay a LOT more for their council tax than they do for fuel and water combined?

Property cost is the killer... my mortgage is significantly higher than every other bill combined. 

@Thorfun ; got the news - it wasn’t particularly exciting ! . It’s kind of what I already new but now ‘official’ ,

The Tesla tariff .

with pv , battery and Tesla EV 8p/kw import and export 

with no Tesla EV 11p/kw 

no standing charge .

It simplifies things and currently seems like the best deal on the market - so for now I’m going to go with that !

Makes it set n forget for old codgers like @Nickfromwales ? ; and other Android owners 

Edited by pocster
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’m being unfair . There are nice parts of Cornwall . The best bit is when you leave Cornwall ?

No it isnt, depending on the road chosen it is Bude, Bodmin or Saltash.

But I agree, the inner parts of Cornwall are ugly, but it is hard to sell the place to dog owners if the old piles of mining slag look worse than dog shit on Porthemmet beach.

I pay to clean up the mess.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, pocster said:

@Thorfun ; got the news - it wasn’t particularly exciting ! . It’s kind of what I already new but now ‘official’ ,

The Tesla tariff .

with pv , battery and Tesla EV 8p/kw import and export 

with no Tesla EV 11p/kw 

no standing charge .

It simplifies things and currently seems like the best deal on the market - so for now I’m going to go with that !

Makes it set n forget for old codgers like @Nickfromwales ? ; and other Android owners 

any idea if it's available for a 3-phase connection? that's my only concern at the moment. but yeah, it does seem like a good deal. especially with no standing charge as there's a high possibility that in the summer months you won't pay a single penny for electricity. ?

6 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

any idea if it's available for a 3-phase connection? that's my only concern at the moment. but yeah, it does seem like a good deal. especially with no standing charge as there's a high possibility that in the summer months you won't pay a single penny for electricity. ?

Don’t know to be honest . I’ll ask my installer ....

18 minutes ago, pocster said:

Too late ! I’ve emailed him ?

For you though there are lots of questions with 3 phase !

Does that mean you could export 5kw per phase ? - if you had 3 batteries ? ( assuming that’s the Max DNO you could get )

Getting 8p kw exported ??
You would become a Tesla Giga factory for sure !

Even though I don’t have 3 phase - I want to know now !!

Perhaps you could double up your batteries per phase - so 6 batteries ???

9 minutes ago, pocster said:

Perhaps you could double up your batteries per phase - so 6 batteries ???

maybe if we don't put a kitchen in.....or bathrooms.....or heating.....or lighting.....

let me run that by the wife and see what she says.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

don't worry too much. it won't stop me from the path I'm looking to tread.

“Tesla Powerwall and solar can work great with 3 phase but im not sure exactly about using the new Tariff with it as I believe they state that it is only for residential customers. Aware that some people have 3 phase at home but im not sure if the smart meters are available yet?

Will try and find out and let you know. “

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Sad I know but .....

AAA34B0F-B1FB-47E5-89B2-1F977D16260F.png

I don't think it's sad! in fact I was going to ask about it today as it's nice and sunny down here in Sussex. looks like it'll be a good day for your battery charging today. 

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

I don't think it's sad! in fact I was going to ask about it today as it's nice and sunny down here in Sussex. looks like it'll be a good day for your battery charging today. 

Yep . From 3% now at 18% 

So tonight when I’m not on site should be pretty much self sufficient! . It makes me happy to know I’m saving the planet ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Yep . From 3% now at 18% 

So tonight when I’m not on site should be pretty much self sufficient! . It makes me happy to know I’m saving the planet ? 

and that warm fuzzy feeling is worth more than any ROI or financial repayment period etc

• Like 1