Tesla going in today !

Pocster

3 hours ago, pocster said:

Yep . Linux is cool - but what do you think a Mac OS is built on ? Unix is the god operating system 

Yep, know the history. It's like Apple took Unix then decided what the users wanted and locked it up. 

3 hours ago, pocster said:

Yep . Linux is cool - but what do you think a Mac OS is built on ? Unix is the god operating system 

Yep, know the history. It's like Apple took Unix then decided what the users wanted and locked it up. 

Just now, pocster said:

@Onoff posting it once was enough ; probably an Android F’up 

Just got to the bit in the book where Jobs launches iTunes and stuns the World with the fact that Apple can and do offer the whole package from software to hardware to distribution. Lots of competitors wondering how the Hell Jobs pulled it off (read genius / force of will imho). MS & Sony who in theory had the means to do similar, try & fail miserably. Bloody long read mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just got to the bit in the book where Jobs launches iTunes and stuns the World with the fact that Apple can and do offer the whole package from software to hardware to distribution. Lots of competitors wondering how the Hell Jobs pulled it off (read genius / force of will imho). MS & Sony who in theory had the means to do similar, try & fail miserably. Bloody long read mind.

You should try iPhone development- you are locked in to the Apple Eco system 100%. Jobs was a master of selling . He made computers not just that nerdy box - but something cool and desirable. A few companies try to copy this ethos - Tesla for example . Most fail , because they don’t really understand it . It’s not just marketing it’s a desirable , aspirational product I.e unlike Android sh*t ??

26 minutes ago, pocster said:

You should try iPhone development- you are locked in to the Apple Eco system 100%. Jobs was a master of selling . He made computers not just that nerdy box - but something cool and desirable. A few companies try to copy this ethos - Tesla for example . Most fail , because they don’t really understand it . It’s not just marketing it’s a desirable , aspirational product I.e unlike Android sh*t ??

Is that why Samsung has a larger market share of mobile than Apple then ..? 

On 20/10/2020 at 10:54, Thorfun said:

I asked for 3-phase and single-phase to be priced up as I have one EV already and plan to swap the wife's gas guzzler for another at some point in the future. plus she does a lot of needle work and has overlockers, embroidery machines, sewing machines etc running when working which could eventually be upgraded to larger machines. so when the DNO said the difference was about £20 between the two it was an easy decision to future proof our electricity connection. one of the most expensive parts to our new electricity connection will be the road closure to lay the cable underground. it's only a single track road so the local council charge a sh*t load to close the road. my challenge is to get the electricity company, Openreach and the water company to do the work at the same time so I only have to pay for one road closure. that should be fun.

although, I've not paid or finalised the order yet so I hope it's still available when I finally get around to doing so! but I'm pretty sure no one else around here is putting in a new electricity supply so I'm sure the capacity will still be there in a month or two.

Our neighbour had the same problem with the road closure. When the water company came and dug up the road for his water connection he gave the guys a drink (£50) to lay a plastic tube along side it for him to thread the telephone wire through.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, patp said:

Our neighbour had the same problem with the road closure. When the water company came and dug up the road for his water connection he gave the guys a drink (£50) to lay a plastic tube along side it for him to thread the telephone wire through.

that is a great tip! thanks.

• 2 months later...

Just a minor update 

Been running the ASHP heating on ONLY the bathroom ; no control just on 24/7. Ground floor usually around 10 degrees after about 3 days gets around 15 . I know that’s not practical but I wanted to see just how insulated and how much electricity I use for this . Not particularly scientific . Bit of solar now and again but mainly grid lecky 

BAA842E2-7A0B-456B-9E48-E1C4442D93FC.png

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That would break my heart 2.2kW going to "waste" into the grid for no payment.

Why no payment?

I’m on an export tariff - they haven’t set it up properly yet but I’ll be credited.

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Why no payment?

I’m on an export tariff - they haven’t set it up properly yet but I’ll be credited.

Do you mean a proper old Feed in Tariff where you get paid for what you generate?

Or an export tariff where you get about 5p perk Wh for export?

In just over 2 years, if I had qualified for an export payment I would have been paid so far the grans sum of £11

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

In just over 2 years, if I had qualified for an export payment I would have been paif so far the grans sum of £11

but your PV is sized for what you use right? so a larger array would generate a larger sum if it wasn't all used