Tesla going in today !

Pocster

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Erm...you're a Crapple fan and live with their quirks (restrictions?) as you highlight, so why the issue with Tesla?

I think he means Octopus can draw from the battery and cycle it as they see fit.

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You'd like to think Tesla use the gleaned data proactively. They do I believe listen to customer feedback on the cars at least.

every time I press the wipers to clean the screen an image is sent back to base so they can use AI to adjust the algorithm to make the software work better. I love it! my car just keeps getting better over time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Erm...you're a Crapple fan and live with their quirks (restrictions?) as you highlight, so why the issue with Tesla?

You'd like to think Tesla use the gleaned data proactively. They do I believe listen to customer feedback on the cars at least.

Because I prefer that I control the item I’ve bought . Appreciate that we all have only limited control over our purchase in use . I need to look at the Tesla tariff in more detail - it might be better for me . In the octopus forum where loads of people have pv , pw etc. don’t think I’ve seen one person on Tesla tariff . So presumably there are more savings to be made on agile .

16 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

every time I press the wipers to clean the screen an image is sent back to base so they can use AI to adjust the algorithm to make the software work better. I love it! my car just keeps getting better over time.

Now that’s EXACTLY what I would expect with the pw . By analysing the data they can tweak the product to function better for me . Does @Nickfromwales softasshitbatterythingy do that ? ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

Now that’s EXACTLY what I would expect with the pw . By analysing the data they can tweak the product to function better for me . Does @Nickfromwales softasshitbatterythingy do that ? ?

Doesn’t need to, because it’s not a greedy titty-suckling newborn baby from out of the box. ?

Great if you want to spend the rest of your days analysing data and jumping tariffs like a good boy. 

Connect & forget with SW. 
Can’t get much better than that.

42 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Doesn’t need to, because it’s not a greedy titty-suckling newborn baby from out of the box. ?

Great if you want to spend the rest of your days analysing data and jumping tariffs like a good boy. 

Connect & forget with SW. 
Can’t get much better than that.

It never improves then . Tesla battery can be connect and forget and let’s face it that’s what the majority of the population want with most things .

Are you vegan also ? 

23 minutes ago, pocster said:

let’s face it that’s what the majority of the population want with most things

The majority of people on here, and in the general population, can't understand how to take advantage of E7, so anything that 'they have to tinker with' is a non starter.

Let's face it, most people on here, and nearly all of the general public, don't understand how electricity is made and distributed, they think it comes from Unicorn Fart.  If you tell them that during the day, the Unicorns are doing some other things, like powering offices and factories, so the only way you can get more is to pay extra, but tomorrow those times will be different, as the sun has come out, they will get very confused.

So yes, people just want a simple installation and operation.

My computer has 287 commands built in at the command prompt.  I use 2 of them, (cd and copy).

That is 2 more than most people, in the world.

Things have to be simple from the outside.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, pocster said:

It never improves then . Tesla battery can be connect and forget and let’s face it that’s what the majority of the population want with most things .

Are you vegan also ? 

Only if you leave it to its own devices. 
Choose agile, babysit yours, and life will go on. Secretly I think you’ll enjoy it. ?

21 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

The majority of people on here, and in the general population, can't understand how to take advantage of E7, so anything that 'they have to tinker with' is a non starter.

Let's face it, most people on here, and nearly all of the general public, don't understand how electricity is made and distributed, they think it comes from Unicorn Fart.  If you tell them that during the day, the Unicorns are doing some other things, like powering offices and factories, so the only way you can get more is to pay extra, but tomorrow those times will be different, as the sun has come out, they will get very confused.

So yes, people just want a simple installation and operation.

My computer has 287 commands built in at the command prompt.  I use 2 of them, (cd and copy).

That is 2 more than most people, in the world.

Things have to be simple from the outside.

F uckwits the lot of them!

Some data for you

data.txt

14 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

that's me! only 2 days until my new phone arrives. ?

Now how did I know you'd be an Apple iPhone man.

99% of the population go into these 2 categories

1) Apple products, Tesla products, intelligent , forward edge thinking people.

or

2) Android products. Simpletons . Pie and mash every time. Slippers, pipe, stout. No ability to think forwards or backwards or in any other direction. Soon to be extinct by natural selection.

Edited by pocster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Essentially when you login to this forum it should just have a main screen saying "Are you Apple or are you Android?".

2 separate forums then. I can talk to like minded individuals and the rest of you can groan about a 3/4" blobbycot hex nut thingy.

36 minutes ago, pocster said:

1) Apple products, Tesla products, intelligent , forward edge thinking people.

or

2) Android products. Simpletons . Pie and mash every time. Slippers, pipe, stout. No ability to think forwards or backwards or in any other direction. Soon to be extinct by natural selection.

Don't know why I laughed cos I like Android, must be the way you tell em.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Essentially when you login to this forum it should just have a main screen saying "Are you Apple or are you Android?".

2 separate forums then. I can talk to like minded individuals and the rest of you can groan about a 3/4" blobbycot hex nut thingy.

I bet you'll be first in the queue for an apple implant.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pocster said:

F uckwits the lot of them!

That's because they don't look at data.

Once cleaned up that data should give you a pretty decent idea of what is happening at different times of the day.

Then you could change behaviour to optimise the storage i.e. if little solar stored during the day, go out that night to a friend's house.

Generally what happens is that you will use less energy overall, which makes the system seem to perform better.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Generally what happens is that you will use less energy overall, which makes the system seem to perform better.

The question then is how much less you’re using ( over the warranty period of the purchased equipment ) and hopefully you will at least break even at that point.

That’s not a requirement though, as there is another factor to apply to that equation;

Sticking two fingers in the face of the big 6 has a LOT of people looking the other way when the numbers are being reviewed / purchase considered.

Plus the heart always rules the head. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Plus the heart always rules the head

This is the biggest problem.  It is why I don't have PV, and ASHP and a Sunamp.  Just not worth it for my usage.  Using an inch less water in the bath gives me a bigger saving than all that, but that is partly because my water costs me more than the price of heating it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Perhaps you should rainwater harvest instead

I should have put a borehole in and 'piggy backed' the SWW sewage system.  They charge the majority for getting rid of the water, but base it on my imported water.

Fresh, clean drinking water costs me £1.9101/m3.

Getting rid of that costs me £3.16958/m3.  2 thirds more.

Now get this, I have a fixed charge of £38.20 a year for my drinking water, but £53.85 to get rid of it. 41% more.

All that so that people can have clean beaches for their dogs to shit on.

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

My water is £7 a month 

I pay more in standing charges.

And that is before taxes on it.

Fuel poverty is a myth, water poverty is the financial killer.

I am now going to drive my car to town, get a coffee and complain that the world is not as good as it used to be.  That will probably cost me a tenner in all.

(we are so lucky in the UK that we still have choices, some are good ones, some a bit silly)

• Like 3