Jump to content

MikeGrahamT21

Members
  • Posts

    1919
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by MikeGrahamT21

  1. Totally agree, have to see what happens during my order process and delivery
  2. Ive got my new kitchen on order from them, but not taking delivery until end of may (my own choice). They are local to me, about a half hour drive, everything seemed in order when I went up, and my parents had a kitchen from them about 5 years since and it was fine, bar one door which had to be redone. Maybe you just got unlucky?
  3. Can you dig out the existing concrete?
  4. Leca, in gardening terms at least anyway, tends to be a form of clay, which usually comes in pellets, tends to be used in landscaping to soak excess water up
  5. Doubt that will be approved for use in the UK!
  6. If there is even a small chance that power could leak into the grid, there is danger to the workers, so the inverters are programmed to shut off. You may see Battery inverters with UPS functions, but I'm pretty sure all of them require a dedicated circuit, which doesn't lead back to your CU.
  7. I spotted this in the latest toolstation catalog, looks interesting: https://www.toolstation.com/smart-trade-insulation-blade/p62092 Smooth sided 100mm long blade for a oscillator, not used one, but considering getting one to try for £9 Probably beats what I do at the minute, disposable stanley knife with blade at full stretch, doesn't quite get through 100mm, and can veer off course a bit!
  8. Whenever there is a fault, your inverter will enter 'islanding' mode, whereby it cuts itself off from the grid, and prevents generation, the intention of this is for the safety of the DNO, so that when they start touching cables they aren't live because someones PV is inputting power into them.
  9. Very nice!
  10. Is that a finger print reader? Must have set you back a few bob!
  11. You've got/had woodworm! Suggest you get that checked out asap!
  12. Yeah its a cryptocurrency, they give you one coin for each MWh you generate, but they are worthless pretty much, I suppose theres always a chance they could increase in value, unlikely id say!
  13. Its Sunny Portal, from SMA, links into my SMA inverter. They even give one solar coin for every MWh I generate, not that they are worth anything at the moment! lol
  14. Yeah 13T sounds a bit optimistic. I've saved 10T apparently, just nearing 14MWh
  15. I believe DOCSIS3 is a compression protocol that they use to achieve the higher speeds, nothing to do with the cable itself. Cable itself seems to be Hybrid Fibre Coax cable, but don't take my word on it, as I've never seen it in person
  16. As long as there are plenty of openings on both sides of the pitch, there will be plenty of airflow, I can't personally see the need for ridge ventilation, just make sure you leave a gap all the way to the ridge, and a gap from one side of the pitch to the other, so air can move right the way across. If you can't achieve this, then you may require ridge vents to ensure air gets all the way up, in which case dry ridge is your answer.
  17. Minimum 25mm gap, so 50mm absolutely fine, and then put some wedges in the overlaps of the felt to open it up and allow air to flow freely.
  18. Yeah I found the Blauberg one, noticed recently its almost doubled in price!!
  19. Marmox Multiboard is very similar to this stuff, and very good
  20. Have a look here: https://www.silvatimber.co.uk/cladding.html I've had some samples through, quality is good, Siberian Larch may be a good option, less than half the price of WRC.
  21. Get a plastic slider board for your DW and WM!
  22. Have you contacted the manufacturer directly? I don't know how many packs 150m2 comes to, but they may sell to you direct?
  23. I've still not got round to it yet! Had the window fitter here the other day, to take all the specs down and he is going to speak to his supplier, but looking to go with Modus profile, and Pilkington glass to achieve 0.8Uw. Standard Eurocell (Logik 70) is a horrid profile! I've got one of these, last double glazed window we put in, never again! 75mm is the thickness of the window units (not the sill), so the standard profiles tend to be 70mm and accept up to 36mm triple, 75mm gets you up to 44mm triple which is the sweet spot, and then Liniar do a 90mm which I think gives 56mm triple, or quad, but the gap in triple would likely be too wide to make it worth its while. There is also Rehau Geneo if you can get it, another 75mm profile, this one is quite different though, its actually a GRP Fibreglass profile, coated in PVC as a top coating, making it very strong and thermally efficient. Will post some pics when they are in, probably won't be til May/June time when its a bit warmer and less windy.
  24. Yeah definitely going to run the cable through conduit, was just the pipes I was thinking of taping direct to the membrane.
  25. Interesting stuff!
×
×
  • Create New...