James94
Members-
Posts
375 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by James94
-
Expansion joint locations
James94 replied to Barryscotland's topic in Bricklaying, Blockwork & Mortar
I’m not sure if every build is different, maybe depending on materials? But this was ours specified by our architect. James -
What's the right tool for cutting corner alu profile?
James94 replied to Dreadnaught's topic in General Construction Issues
Depending on what angle you are trying to cut, you might be able to insert timber to strengthen to be aluminium and clamp against other sections and use a cross cut saw with a very good blade. Try on waste pieces first. Regards. James- 11 replies
-
- cedral lap
- cladding
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
@Big Jimbo was they bare root when you planted them or root ball/ pots? @Roundtuit I’ve been looking at the method your mentioning but not sure how long the roots will be have to wait and see, if there long I’m not sure if I can just have a slot from spade, I think roots need to be spread out. not sure how many we will have spare if any, maybe I’ll space them out a little more and pot them in case of any losses( great idea) @Temp as I’ve said I’m not sure what the root size will be like so not sure how to plant them yet. Don’t want to dig trench all the way down side of drive it would be a night mare. Soil isn’t that great down there the line I’m taking is directly above services so clay and tamped back with jcb. thought about an earth auger but I’ll wait till Wednesday to decide, the website said if stored correctly I don’t have to plant immediately. regards. James
-
Hi, I have got 115 bare root laurels 2-3' in height hopefully arriving on the 10th of this month and was wondering if anyone has planted any in the past. I have looked at an old post on here but not sure if this method is suitable for laurels and would hate to get this wrong, any advice would be appreciated. Regards James
-
Thanks for the advice we have now got our opening measurement after scratching my head and a lot of confusion. I think the bit I was struggling to get my head round was how much to add for the casing (the rebated section depth). James.
-
Haven’t really progressed with this, I’ll be going for 2040 x 826 x40 mm doors. Is there a set measurement to add to the 826 with which will give the overall opening size. I think I’m going to give 5mm each side for packing out and say 3 mm for door and paint inside casing, it’s the last measurement I can’t get my head around. Is there a standard size depth for the rebate? not the 44mm for the door to fit flush. Regards. James
-
Sorry miss read, I believe planning permission last 3 years. Not sure if lenders require more than 1 year left or not, I’ve not heard of that rule. James.
-
Does planning permission only last five years? I’m not to sure and what actually have to define started? Regards. James
-
Not sure if this is expensive or not, never bought any. https://www.ecologicalbuildingsystems.com/product/orcon-f Regards James
-
I've just got two UP320 frames, not fitted them yet. must be careful as there are quite a few model numbers and i noticed some are cheaper than others, but you may get the waste with one and not the other or wall fixing kit and so on. Regards James
-
Stud walls for wall hung toilets
James94 replied to James94's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
No not really thought about it, things are usually last minute with me! Looks like ill have to start. Regards James -
Stud walls for wall hung toilets
James94 replied to James94's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Never anything simple, do i have to buy the pan now or are they all similar dimensions. don't want to be sat on it with my head between legs, we are both over 6". Regards James -
Stud walls for wall hung toilets
James94 replied to James94's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Received the two UP320 frames and this is where were up to at the moment. Thinking of having the soil vent pipe just to the left of toilet with an aav, not sure if we will have enough room to tap into waste pipe above floor or might have to go straight down and tap in below floor level. How do you work out what height to put frame to if you don't have the toilet? Regards James -
-
Para bolts pulling through
James94 replied to James94's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice, think were going to go with the chemical anchors. Regards James -
Stud walls for wall hung toilets
James94 replied to James94's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
At work today so not had much time to digest info in posts, but pics look good and some good step by step info. Hopefully mine are coming today so probably look at them tomorrow. Regards. James -
Angled? Each to there own, so you are putting plaster board roughy up to glass and not seeing any frame? normally cavity closer plaster board pushed to block work with adhesive and maybe a silicone bead up frame or stop bead. regards. James
-
https://www.baunativ.de/product_info.php?products_id=66 These don’t ship to Uk now, Regards. James
-
Stud walls for wall hung toilets
James94 replied to James94's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Have you got any pics and would like to know how you got on with it, any issues or tips you may have would be much appreciated. Was looking at the air extraction but couldn’t afford the extra expense. Regards. James -
Para bolts pulling through
James94 replied to James94's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
A lesson learnt, waste of £15. Can anyone recommend any certain ones. regards. James -
What about acetone? Regards James
-
I have a stud buttress wall that has to be fixed to the block work as stated in the plans, only problem is when i tighten them up they pull back through. https://www.screwfix.com/p/fischer-fxa-throughbolts-m12-x-146mm-20-pack/49007?tc=IT7&ds_kid=92700048793290424&ds_rl=1249413&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIop_Q1Zfo8wIV5YFQBh16OgdFEAQYAyABEgL7ivD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds these are the bolts in question. I've tried a smaller masonry bit but still happens, does anyone have any suggestions? Regards James
-
Do we have anyone who can share any previous experience’s and advice? Regards. James
