Jump to content

Tennentslager

Members
  • Posts

    1464
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Tennentslager

  1. Brilliant. Super photos too.
  2. Let me be the first to congratulate you...well done Joe, perseverance and tenacity win again. Love it. Erm...well...second?
  3. Steptoe fan are we?
  4. How come this comment Tony? Personally I like to eat fish on a Friday but that's another story...
  5. Good luck Mr. Fingers crossed he's a good un
  6. I don't know how to do the linked multi quote thing but to respond to the last number of posts. The SNP could not pass local income tax because they didn't have a majority in that parliament. Next time around they dropped the policy...it is allowed you know...and instead advocated a council tax freeze. They got elected. They stuck to their promise. Next time they continued the policy. They got elected. Local government finance has been a political nightmare since Thatchers hated poll tax. Remember the policy that was trialled in Scotland and led to riots on the streets of England steamy? It's political I'm afraid. Final word, unlike any other tax you have to pay this one. I.e. it's not wrapped up in the price or deducted at source. That's why it's noticed because you see it going out of your account.
  7. Looks fantastic, nice contrast between the cladding and render. You must be pleased?
  8. He advocates just this approach via the Scottish Investment Trust... I also like the idea of a 5% flat rate of VAT for new build and repair. Refurb and extend benefiting small builders while encouraging better use of existing stock.
  9. Hi Jay, Can you post some pics? Be nice to see what you created. Welcome?
  10. Don't think it said that...the big question is how to tackle the housing 'problem' for everyone in an affordable way. It's a multi faceted issue that clearly needs a wider response than how things work at the moment. Probably unlike most folk on here I have modest means but I'm still doing alright thank you...what about the young, the poor and folk who can't. I think the present policy ignores them to the detriment of all our communities.
  11. For once a housing policy report that makes some sense to the layman... Robin McAlpine, Common Weal director, said of the report: “Malcolm Fraser is a visionary architect and a respected thinker on how we should build and indeed how we should live together. “Housing very often comes up as one of people’s top priorities when they’re asked about what government should be doing, but too often the agenda is set by so-called volume housebuilders who simply want permission for more and more low quality new build. “What is so valuable about this report is that it asks what a proper, integrated vision for housing and urban development in Scotland would look like if the policy was designed for people who live in houses rather than people who make profits out of building them. “Any report which concludes that designing the places our children play so they are bathed with sunlight is more important than a quick buck is a report that people should read.” The full report is here. https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/9619/new-report-housekeeping-scotland-new-agenda-housing
  12. Yes, lovely house. Strange ghostly monster lurking by the chimney on the left though, best give 'who you gonna call' a bell to get rid?
  13. Welcome Vivien, Sounds like a big and interesting project?
  14. I guess you will want to plan your boards to be symmetrical around doors and windows. This means your gaps will vary ever so slightly and the contrast in colour more obvious. If you want a contrast be better to have a different shade on your window and door frames imo
  15. http://www.morcoproducts.co.uk/stock/stock.html Marco do LPG water heaters...
  16. Must admit I was so confused by this height stuff I decided to measure the walls in the flat I'm in at the moment. 3060mm. It's one thing I love about Glasgow tenements. This one is about 100 years old and walls are 600mm thick. I reckon the height was to accommodate the tall windows to get maximum light in
  17. Well done, that's a big job you have taken on and admirable spirit and attitude too. Good luck with the progress?
  18. Happy days, nice to hear about the progress? Doing the cladding is rewarding as it goes on so quickly. I didn't get worked up about keeping the bottom line straight, instead left the boards a little long and then screwed on a horizontal batten and ran the circular saw to make a nice trim edge. You'll have to post some pics...
  19. There will be plenty room? I'd buy the bathroom kit/WC and dry fit before you cut a hole in the floor. Easy peasey that way ? If you put one of these in a vertical pipe you have height adjustment for final floor level. The trick is to get the ceramic fully/mostly in the rubber fins but still get the WC to touch the wall. http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p37429?table=no
  20. BTW 100 gallons of water weights 450kg. Or, the weight of 4 big 17 stone men...it will be very heavy! Be careful that wherever you put it, it can be well supported. Think both cabinet or unit and the floor it's sitting on.
  21. You might get more expert advice here http://forum.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk Or here http://www.tropicalfishforums.co.uk Good luck with the little fishes!
  22. I'm sure Nick will advise but I used one of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-wc-f26r-flexible-wc-pan-connector-white-97-107mm/71219 This meant I could attach the waste to both the pan and the pipe (with the pan angled to the side to get access) them wriggle it into place. It also means it's a bit more forgiving as you don't have to get the rigid soil pipe dead on.
  23. Google Back to wall toilet with cistern http://www.bathshop321.com/tilly-back-to-wall-close-coupled-wc-toilet-with-cistern/?gclid=CjwKEAjwjqO_BRDribyJpc_mzHgSJABdnsFW_RIrOjCxJLejr26hTe3hM185j9sk3h_cs2YxiXafJRoCK-3w_wcB
×
×
  • Create New...