Nestor
Members-
Posts
806 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Nestor
-
@lizzie @Barney12 Thought I would join in as I have Internorm HS330 sliders. Enclosed are 2 photographs. 1547 is shot from inside looking out and shows a small circular hole. I assume this is to drain any rain which hits the glass and drains outside above the rubber strip. 1544 the drainage slot to the outside and runs down the outside of the rubber curtain. Does this help?
-
Tata Urban Colorcoat Metal Seam Roofing
Nestor replied to Barney12's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
Don't pay Tata that bill, buy your own silicone and screws from Screwfix. Product very good, sales and service poor. I would buy again after having fitted 300sqm though they did not supply enough Velux jointing fabs, no apology just another invoice. Will update later. -
Most standard doors are 2040 in height. Might be helpful, https://www.howdens.com/doors/external/flush-doors/plywood-flush-external-door-obj-sku-family-11831279?productFamilyId=DXF0470&skuId=DXF0470
-
@PeterW @ProDave Can I confirm that this applies to an attached garage. I have just started building our garage which is detached and using OSB on the walls and standard plaster board for the ceiling.
-
Hi Lizzie Does it all work ok, do you set each room independently or off a central hub, Wifi or wired?
-
Wunda have offered Heatmiser as an alternative. Perfect for the price.
-
Hi Nick Just wanted to be able to set each stat temp time / 7 day week etc, Had not planned on a central hub but could be persuaded. Wunda have not offered this as an option.
-
I have been specified the same thermostat X 14 from Wunda for our wet UFH, however the design is not quite doing it for me, are there any alternatives any one can recommend? Thank you. @PeterW @Nickfromwales
-
Does this make sense & sound ok please ?
Nestor replied to Lynford's topic in Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP)
I have had a quote to install same Ecodan ASHP and my price excluding the cylinder is nearly 7K. Your quote seems a good price to include MCS. -
CIL Charges
Nestor replied to Vel810's topic in Self Build VAT, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), S106 & Tax
@PeterW To get the self builder exemption do you have to live / own the property for a certain amount of time? -
Vent Axia MVHR Install - Top Tips?
Nestor replied to Weebles's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Have a look here, great blog entry with photos. https://theoldwatertank.blogspot.com/2017/02/heat-recovery-system-installed.html @jamiehamy- 18 replies
-
Vent Axia MVHR Install - Top Tips?
Nestor replied to Weebles's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I have exactly same system but have only installed the radial pipe so far. I found it easier to unroll the 50 metre length into the garden and start dragging / feeding it through the frame. Don't cut the pipe until in position and ready to fit the plenums. Enclosed the BPC installation pdf, you might already have it. bpc_.installation_of_a_heat_recovery_system_with_unit_info_2016.pdf- 18 replies
-
All I can say is well done for persevering, we had an awful planner at DNPA who from day one refusal was her only recommendation. After a chance meeting with a senior planner from the same department who was in the process of puttting through their own application for a replacement dwelling did ours start to progress and be granted. It took six years but still worth it.
-
@Nickfromwales We do have 3 levels even though the lower ground is only a metre below the entrance ground floor level. LG is 84 sqm, GF is 114 sqm. FF is 84 sqm. 2 manifolds were going to cover the LG and GF. 1 manifold for FF. What spacing do you recommend for pipes. GF is all in screed with timber floor boards and FF is diffuser with timber floor boards.
-
Thanks @PeterW I will ask for clarification.
-
@Alexphd1 I am surprised NH are using 14mm. Wunda use 16mm MLC Pert/AI/Pert Pipe.
-
@Nickfromwales Thanks Nick for picking this up. I have enclosed the item lists. Both have 3 x Manifolds. Nuheat 8,5,7. 1 x pump. Wunda 6,11,4. 3 x pump. Nuheat Items.pdf Wunda.pdf
-
Quick question, One supplier has specified 1 x Wilo Para RS25/6 pump and another supplier 3 x Grundfos 22kW. 150sqm on the ground floor and 65sqm 1st floor. Your thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
-
@Nickfromwales Thanks Nick, I am haggling with Nuheat to supply kit and thought I should find an alternative. Getting there....
-
Can anyone recommend a UFH suppliers for new build as some of the quotes for supply and fit are a bit OTT. Screed on ground floor and first floor floating with diffuser plates. Thank you
-
You are welcome to visit. I am near Buckfastleigh, South Devon. Send me a PM when ready.
- 35 replies
-
- standing seam roof
- corrugated roof
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
MVHR, OSB, windows and roofing starts.
Nestor commented on Nestor's blog entry in South Devon Self Build
@DavidFrancis Hi David, Yes, the frame is 150x47 filled with 140mm Rockwool slab, then 75x47 horizontals using 120x5 screws and filled with 70mm Rockwool and finally the 50x47 verticals and filled with 50mm Rockwool. Once OSB, batten and plasterboard are fiited it does project over the sole plate into the room. The celotex fits tight underneath and UFH and screed on top of that. It might well be very heavy but it is a very solid wall. This wall build up was something I could physically achieve myself but you don't need all these layers to satisfy building regs. On the exterior of the frame is a 40mm Pavatherm board then batten, counter batten and cladding. The roof build up was 200mm rafters, 2 x 100mm Rockwool. On top 70mm horizontals, 70mm Rockwool and Pavatherm on top of those. If you go back through the blog the photographs might help. Do ask if you need more info. -
I would recommend what @ProDave suggests if possible. We have supporting ridge beam for 1st floor bedrooms ( 2 x 6m glulam) and main living area (Steel, 10.5m spliced).
-
MVHR, OSB, windows and roofing starts.
Nestor commented on Nestor's blog entry in South Devon Self Build
Well I am not alone with window issues, the suppliers and fitters produced really good drawings which the fitters just ignored and some cills will not fit under the window cill drip edge. Some damage on installation with one frame having crow bars marks. The glass is a major issue. The suppliers initially said thats standard, then said they would replace 2 windows and now in conversation with Kastrup to replace 7. The Internorm slider is fine apart from some tiny frame damage on installation. Its very slow to being resolved so wondering if someone can give me some legal advice how I might pursue the matter.
