Nestor
Members-
Posts
806 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Nestor
-
I have 270mm in the roof and 260mm in the walls so cost was a factor, breathable and the batts fit really well, easy to fit and no gaps if applied well, could not afford Sheep's wool Also a very dense product. Not a fan of Celotex unless its under a screed. Think I have a U Value of 0.14 in roof and walls and 0.11 in the floor. TBC.
-
An update, spent Autumn fixing the Pavatherm 40mm Combi to all the external walls, about 240sqm and fitting membrane and battens. Then inside fitting Rockwool flexi 140mm in the walls and 70mm behind the rafters. Very easy to cut and minimal wastage. Another 150 rolls to arrive. Fixed timber horizontals to the walls for another 70mm insulation, planning on running the 75mm MVHR around the walls and roof once I have finished the internals walls before fitting another 200mm in the roof and 50mm on the walls. 70 sheets of 150mm Celotex (25% price hike) arrived for the ground floor, ordered 340sqm of Colorcoat Urban roof which should be ready for collection in January and finally ordered windows and doors, probably March arrival. Happy New Year all, thanks for the advice.
-
Thanks @ProDave , @Bitpipe
-
@ProDave, @Bitpipe. Can you give advice, we have a large vaulted kitchen and I don't want to fit a hob extractor. Could fit an extractor on wall opposite hob. What is the ventilation rate required? MVHR will be fitted throughout. Continuous extract says 13 l/s for kitchen, 60 l/s for intermittent extract elsewhere then its 29 l/s for 5 bed dwelling then in Notes : a. 0.3 l/s per sqm which would be 90 l/s. Bit confused. Very.
-
Tata Urban Colorcoat Metal Seam Roofing
Nestor replied to Barney12's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
Hi Alex I did look at Metal Solutions, again very helpful. The costs for sheet material were Copper £66.36, Stainless Steel £51.51, Aluminium £26.79 per sqm. I would have loved to use one of the above materials but due to budget and simplicity I went for Tata. Next time....... -
Tata Urban Colorcoat Metal Seam Roofing
Nestor replied to Barney12's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
Thought I would update this thread with my recent experience of Tata Colorcoat Urban. I asked for quotes for 3 roofs and 1 wall, 312sqm in total. The standard panel at 514mm is £13.16/M and after adding ridge, eaves, verges, sealant, paint, rivetts, nails etc the price is £36.00/M + vat. The also quoted £950.00 for delivery which I did not want to pay, asked to collect myself which they agreed and then made a charge of £50.00 for handling onto my trailer. The sales people were very helpful and made alterations to quotes within 24 hours. I did contact Catnic through my local BM who were only 20% more expensive which did include the delivery fee. I will update once I have collected in the New year. -
I am also using the underside of the pitch below the the roof build up to run MVHR and will have a curved ceiling which reduces the impact of the height of a vaulted ceiling.
-
What are the room dimensions and eaves height?
-
Thats fantastic news, well done. Does the construction figure include vat ?
-
Can I just confirm the supply outlets can be anywhere, floor, wall or ceiling. I have a vaulted ceiling and was planning to run radial pipe along the inside of the ridge and exit high up, central in room and nearly 4.5 m from the floor. Performance wise does it not make much difference if its in the corner of a room or high up on a wall?
-
Ours is 600mm for walls and roof, 400mm for first floor. Internal walls 400mm. OSB will be fixed to walls and roof on the inside.
-
Thank you, @PeterW, @Barney12, @Onoff.
-
Can someone point me to building regs requirement for insulation between timber joists on the first floor, Thank you.
-
I need about 80 sheets. Will look again at Seconds.
-
Its just me and my Dad so labour costs are not an issue. I have asked Rockwool for a U value for floor, walls and roof. I will cost it all up, Celotex is going to cost at least 4k + the screed cost which might be another 3k.
-
150mm insulation and 80mm including final timber, about 65mm screed.
-
The concrete slab is already in. Celotex seems in short supply at the moment and the cost has risen another 20% so was considering a suspended floor instead, it also avoids the final screed cost as well.
-
I was planning to fit 150mm celotex, UFH, screed then engineered flooring on top of the 100mm concrete slab but due to rising costs and supply issues wondering about an alternative approach. I have enclosed a drawing (by hand) which shows the build up. 2x75x47 cross laid, base timber @ 600mm centres, top timber @ 400mm centres. 2x70mm Rockwool flexi. Then vapour barrier, is it needed? , 22mm structural flooring, 25mm underfloor heating, 18mm Knauf Brio floating board and finally 15mm engineered flooring. Looking at the list not sure if it would be any cheaper but will cost it up. Does anyone have any costs for floor screed per sqm as a guide. Your thoughts appreciated as always,
-
Vacuum cleaner recommendations?
Nestor replied to Jeremy Harris's topic in Kitchen & Household Appliances
Same experience Miele, Dyson and a Henry. Miele for the home and Henry for the garage / workshop.- 81 replies
-
- vacuum cleaner
- hoover
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Plant room extract.
Nestor replied to Nestor's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Thanks, great advice. @ProDave @JSHarris @le-cerveau -
Having MVHR in our new build but wondering about having an extract in the Plant room, its not on the drawing from BPC. It will house an unvented cylinder and buffer tank, etc. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
-
Thanks Craig.
-
Thanks Janet, had Internorm visit this morning. Really love the quality its just the tilt and turn issue into the room. If you open them a little do they stay in position or prone to swinging into the room? Thanks for your advice.
