Jump to content

Temp

Members
  • Posts

    10690
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by Temp

  1. Just for info that also uses a 10k thermistor.
  2. Just back from searching a wheat field in 27 degree heat for the Samsung one of my kids dropped on a sponsored walk so just a bit knackered but... Not sure what that is. Perhaps a thermocouple rather than a thermistor? Differently beasts. If you are going to use the I-108 it needs to be 10k not 15k or the temperature settings will be around 20C out. It might be possible to change a resistor or two on the I-108 to correct for this but the data sheet doesn't have a circuit diagram.
  3. Had a look at the I-108 data and is says it needs a 10KOhm NTC thermistor. Think that's same as Heatmiser stats. Annoyingly Maplin don't seem to stock them (strange). Rapid have Probes.. https://www.rapidonline.com/atc-semitec-103at-11-ip67-10k-precision-ntc-thermistor-probe-with-600mm-lead-61-2040 https://www.rapidonline.com/atc-semitec-103at-11-50081-ip67-10k-ntc-thermistor-probe-with-1500mm-lead-61-2041 Bare thermistors.. https://www.rapidonline.com/tks-dht0a103f34d3sy-10k-3435k-1-axial-glass-ntc-thermistor-55-1229 https://www.rapidonline.com/tks-ttc05103jsy-10k-5-radial-straight-lead-ntc-thermistor-55-1259 Film.. https://www.rapidonline.com/tks-ttf3a103f34d3ay-10k-1-insulation-film-type-ntc-thermistor-55-1265 Think any would probably work just a case of ease of mounting and response time.
  4. It appears Lloyds only appealed to the Lords about the ruling on overseas transactions and that was rejected meaning overseas transactions are covered under S75. https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200607/ldjudgmt/jd071031/lloyds.pdf I haven't yet found details of an appeal to the Lords on the four party connected lender liability issue.
  5. Have done some more digging and found this court case care of another forum.... http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2006/268.html Its a judgement from 2006 involving the OFT and some credit card companies (Lloyds, Tesco, Amex). It looked at transactions involving four parties (you, the seller, the credit card co and an intermediary) as well as transactions abroad. They concluded... It's interesting that Amex supported the view that section 75 applied to four party transactions. They only objected to it being applied abroad. So that might suggest Amex are more likely to pay up under section 75 than other card suppliers. So unless this judgement has been overturned at a higher court it seems clear that you are covered when an intermediary is involved.
  6. A thermistor is basically a resistor who's resistance varies with temperature. However the change in resistance is modest so you need a circuit that turns it into an on/off signal. This is usually done by a comparator that compares the resistance of the thermistor with that of an adjustable resistor. When one is greater/lower than the other it switches the output on/off. There are probably circuits on the web or modules on eBay/napkin that will do this. Some Heatmiser room stats have an optional external sensor mode but they only cover a narrow temperature range as you don't usually want to set a room to say >30C.
  7. I think some form of RCD protection either a shared RCD or individual RCBO is mandatory for new circuits on the ground floor.
  8. Down here it mentions a problem with sage pay.. https://www.lovemoney.com/news/3303/section-75-consumer-credit-act-card-shops-protection-claim-refund-your-rights
  9. I was aware that using PayPal meant you loose protection because they are considered a third party intermediary. Hadn't occured to me that other payment processing companies like Worldpay might also be considered third parties but I can see why that might be the case. Thanks for the warning.
  10. Temp

    oak slabs

    Just noticed you wanted it for barn doors! Try local saw mill?
  11. Temp

    oak slabs

    I made this table and mirror with their oak... http://s586.photobucket.com/user/CWattersUK/media/Table/IMG_3343.jpg.html http://s586.photobucket.com/user/CWattersUK/media/IMG_20140305_135745.jpg.html Table looks a bit white in the photo but was taken before oiling.
  12. Temp

    oak slabs

    I've purchased some oak from these people in the past. http://www.timberdeal.co.uk/ http://www.timberdeal.co.uk/wooden-table-tops/ http://www.timberdeal.co.uk/wide-long-block-wooden-worktops/ If I remember correctly the owner of the company is Polish and they import small quantities of high quality wood from Europe, turn it into feature tables and kitchens. Some is exported back to Europe. I have a feeling they prefer or only deal with trade customers but not sure.
  13. Wouldn't be my choice. They just look so "run down council estate" to me. What do you do when one cracks in half? Our allotment was given a load of scaffolding boards and they haven't lasted very well as bedding boxes. I'd go with the sleepers. They look best laid flat but work out cheaper on edge.
  14. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-tower-fire-cladding-building-combustible-flammable-still-approved-use-safety-rules-a7822521.html
  15. The construction as I understand it was.. Inside - concrete - Celotex RS5000 - ventilated cavity - Reynobond (Aluminium/PE/Aluminium sandwich) - Outside I think the PE is essentially just a filling to help with the stiffness of the panels. I think another make uses an aluminium honeycomb. It's on the outside of the ventilated cavity so it wasn't being used as insulation. The RS5000 is similar to their FR5000 product. It's possible there were also unventilated cavities between the concrete and Celotex.
  16. I think I would get the insulation up and have all the windows and doors open for a few days. At least until any puddles have gone. Then lay a DPM before putting the insulation back down.
  17. +1 That way the granite also hides the underside of the lintel.
  18. Perhaps see "How to find and buy a Building Plot" by Roy Speer and others. Keep an eye on the weekly list of planning applications as some might be a planning application prior to selling the plot. I found some plots just by driving around. At least twice I found plot for sale signs from agents that we were registered with but which hadn't sent us details.
  19. There is probably a web site where you can rent out your home charging point.
  20. +1. If the cladding was of a type that needed a membrane to deal with any risk of wind blown rain/snow getting through (like hanging tiles) then soakers should be behind the membrane. eg so water running down the membrane ends up on top of the soaker and then out through the tiles.
  21. In the comments section the guy says.. Perhaps one of these?... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORTER-CABLE-2902-19-2V-Model-9290-CORDLESS-ROUTER-1001-base-case-battery-used-/252814970354?hash=item3adcf24df2:g:XjgAAOSwTM5Yye5A PS: To avoid any doubt.. No definitely not just L&N to the battery terminals! It started life as a battery powered unit.
  22. Catnic do a lintel 88mm high but I'm no SE so can't really comment on suitability.. https://catnic.com/products/ang
  23. Just seen this on the BBC web site.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40465399 Newsnight has obtained confidential reports that help explain how flammable material has become more common on tall buildings. Combustible cladding has been permitted based on reports arguing fires involving combustible aluminium panels would behave similarly to ones with non-combustible ceramic tiles. Developers use them to persuade inspectors to sign off buildings. Exova, the company that produced the reports, refused to comment. Continues
  24. +1 I don't think they are attempting any sort of realistic test, just trying to confirm what been fitted. Google found that a burn test is one way to identify different plastics.. http://www.boedeker.com/burntest.htm They probably don't trust the paperwork for a lot of projects.
×
×
  • Create New...