Jump to content

Temp

Members
  • Posts

    10690
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by Temp

  1. Probably not if the DHW is close to the required shower temperature so little if any cold is used.
  2. I believe it works by preheating the cold supply to the shower mixer. So you use less hot water. Should work as long as your hot supply is hot enough to need cold water mixing in. If you don't use any cold water (because your hot water isn't very hot) then it won't.
  3. Some places will make a shower tray to your dimensions.. https://www.versital.co.uk/bathroom-products-2/bespoke-shower-trays/ No idea on price.
  4. If I remember correctly side extensions can only be single storey and less than 4m high within 2m of the boundary.
  5. Welcome to the forum. Have a Google and read "A guide to the Party Wall Act". This sets out the rules. It's possible the work you plan is not covered by the act. If the act does apply and your neighbors are happy with your plans you just need a letter from them saying so. No cost to you. Think there is a template letter in the guide. If they aren't happy then it can get very expensive with up to THREE surveyors needed all paid for by you. Might be better to see if you can redesign so the act doesn't apply.
  6. If you really can't get a VAT reciept.. I would add their vat number and the vat calculation on a post-it note stuck to a print out of whatever documents you have. Put a normal entry in the spreadsheet.
  7. First step is read the other threads on this forum! Then buy a lot of plastic inserts for ring binders to put reciepts in (or similar storage that keeps them in date order.) Labor - zero rated to you, VAT paid in error cannot be reclaimed. Materials you buy - VAT can be reclaimed. Mixed (supply and fit) both materials and labour must be zero rated to you. Tool hire - VAT is charged and cannot be reclaimed. Any doubt ask here before you accept a quote.
  8. If that's what happened I'm inclined to let it go. Presumably the planners were trying to get the neighbor to build something that doesn't clash horribly with the existing house. They could have asked the neighbor for a street scene showing a drawing or even an actual photo of the existing house.
  9. Still not clear what has happened. It's quite possible for one application to refer to another - for example when justifying the design on a new house you can refer to houses and approved plans for house nearby. I have seen this done in the case of houses and windfarms. Is it possible the company scanning the drawings for the council just messed up or has he obviously modified any to use for his application?
  10. Factory built house, all wood option, 16" thick walls..
  11. We have a Visonic all wireless alarm. Installed about 12 years ago. Good for its day. Their Quad PIR wireless sensors seem very reliable with good battery life (especially if you turn off the onboard led). The control box is set up to dial my mobile using my land line. They had a GSM module but I've not tried it. It's armed and disarmed using a key fob, we never use the keypad on the control panel. As my system is quite old (no camera support) I wouldn't install the model I have again but im happy with the make and reliability and would look at their newer models to see if they have kept up-to-date date with competitors.
  12. Personally I wouldn't worry. In any case you can't stop him planting the trees. I suppose you could dig a trench and insert a root barrier - that would be easier now than later. I believe you are allowed to cut tree roots if they cross your boundary (in say 10 years time) but not to the extent they kill the tree.
  13. Cant find one for a tenner but £23 delivered.. Google found that Waytronic (who?) make a plug in adaptor that will SMS you on a power outage. It also monitors Temperature and Electricity usage plus a bunch of other functions.. http://en.waytronic1999.com/ProductsStd_221.html https://uk.banggood.com/WAYTRONIC-GSM-Smart-Power-Outlet-Plug-Socket-English-Russian-SMS-Remote-Control-Timing-Switch-Temperature-Controller-with-Sensor-p-1519750.html?gmcCountry=GB&currency=GBP&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgcs&utm_content=garman&utm_campaign=pla-gbg-tools-pc&gclid=CjwKCAjwxaXtBRBbEiwAPqPxcBZi8at0WR2S1mlhgb5tyuKH99zKYwu20Bp4Bs-xvieXGf4j7wh-KxoC8YQQAvD_BwE&ID=6257627&cur_warehouse=CN https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32787412496.html Not used one myself so can't vouch for the product/supplier. Presumably it has a battery inside which might degrade over time? Also does it support 3G? 2G might get turned off?
  14. At the other end of the cost spectrum...You can get devices that text you when power fails.
  15. Now I think about it... On youtube I keep getting shown an advert for a UV settable adhesive. One example they give is sticking glass but they also show it being used for "filling" type applications.
  16. Looks like clear glass with a coating on the underside? Might be difficult to match. I'm thinking put something like grey paper or tinfoil under the glass and fill above with 24 hour clear epoxy? Toothpick to get at any bubbles.
  17. Somewhere I've read that you only need one open vented stack for every four or five houses these days. Cant find that in the Approved Docs but google found a reference here.. "Building Construction Handbook" https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=7eAhNzZW1goC&pg=PA846&lpg=PA846&dq=one+open+vented+stack+ever+four+dwellings&source=bl&ots=tK13FKNupg&sig=ACfU3U1pU0TMwSQa0xcSaUFx9tnojD06AA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjUto7_0qDlAhXSbsAKHfjgD10Q6AEwDnoECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q=one open vented stack ever four dwellings&f=false
  18. They appear to have missed my substantial outbuilding but have got my chicken run which was built later and is just a fenced area. Pity I never met them. I would love to have asked them to GPS my boundaries :-)
  19. Is the current location also adjacent to the original proposed development? I ask because I believe you are allowed to keep a site workers van on a building plot _or_ on adjacent land without planning permission. In which case there wouldn't have been a planning breech. If it's not adjacent I suspect the planners will argue the breech is only one of parking a caravan on agricultural land. They may argue your short stays dont amount to a continuous breech. You are allowed 28 days a year without PP. https://www.planningresource.co.uk/article/1209031/enforcement-q---dcp-section-45 I think they also have 10 years in cases where planning permission would be needed for a change of use (eg Agricultural to Residential or caravan park). I agree with @Sensus comment about seeking professional advice. Ideally before posting identifying information on internet forums.
  20. I noticed that web site has the same one described as "Residential" rather than "insulated" for £27,890... https://www.quick-garden.co.uk/residential-log-cabins/residential-cabin-holland-7-5m-x-13-5m-25-x-44-66mm.html Virtually half price !
  21. Just a heads up... Over the years there have been a number of dodgy companies operating in the log cabin market. Some people have lost money buying cabins from companies that are really just one man bands offering importing cabins. Note: I'm NOT suggesting there is anything wrong with the company who's web pages you posted photos of.
  22. Another year and he'd be laughing.
  23. We have a massive travertine "tray" that is set into the floor so the inside of the tray is flush with the floor but sides are about 30mm above floor level. It feels like a level access but can cope with an inch of water inside if we've got lazy and not cleaned the trap! If you decide to set the sides of the tray flush then I'd actually leave them a few mm proud so the door seal doesn't scrape on the floor tiles.
  24. Thanks for that, I didn't know they had this fob.. https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QUFB1.html Pity the adapter itself is so expensive.
  25. Best I could find was this one that recommends a 20mm gap rather than 18mm.. https://www.divapor.com/spares/showers/shower-door-seals/magnetic-shower-door-replacement-angled-seal.php Think it's also on Amazon, but on Amazon it doesn't mention the recommended gap.
×
×
  • Create New...