Cock up? Ideas.....

CC45

Dear reader,

Spent the day putting spot lights in the bathrooms & ensuites.  Turned the one below on and thought bugger.  Not what I expected.

IMG_3010.thumb.JPG.6500cd075596752eeeca488fe8489e55.JPG

The walls need tiling (smart white tiles) so that may reduce the shadow a bit and the reflection from the shower head I can reduce with some black material stuck to the top but I still think the shadow will be really noticeable SO does anyone have any ideas?  The current lights (Enlite E5) have a 60deg spread - one with a narrower beam would help but I suspect it would be a marginal improvement.

Help! :|

Doesn't really help but my set up was similar.  

My new plumber (half the price, twice the quality of my previous one) Pointed out that that would happen and suggest I reorganise with spark that the light is either moved or split so that there is a light either side rather than a single one above,

I used one of these, admittedly it was not in the splash zone.... I am very happy with its somewhat diffused light. My shower light is built into the extractor fan. Not sure if it would fully stop the shadow but something along these lines might work. 

5DFE37A9-D44D-4276-8606-7BE5B1D7BC90.thumb.jpeg.ab2d0ee6d650807377997d23d8ca331b.jpeg 

36 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Dear reader,

Spent the day putting spot lights in the bathrooms & ensuites.  Turned the one below on and thought bugger.  Not what I expected.

IMG_3010.thumb.JPG.6500cd075596752eeeca488fe8489e55.JPG

The walls need tiling (smart white tiles) so that may reduce the shadow a bit and the reflection from the shower head I can reduce with some black material stuck to the top but I still think the shadow will be really noticeable SO does anyone have any ideas?  The current lights (Enlite E5) have a 60deg spread - one with a narrower beam would help but I suspect it would be a marginal improvement.

Help! :|

You could find an ip45 or ip65 spot fitting on a mount rather than flush.

Or tile the back in a dark colour?

Can't a man worry about something???

OK - I will just get on with the tiling & then see how it is.

I like the idea of a spot on a mount if necessary.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. :D

I did wonder about something like this:

http://brestdaily.info/shower-base-types/shower-base-types-14-best-bathroom-shower-pan-images-on-pinterest/

That could be retro fitted if necessary.

11 minutes ago, CC45 said:

I hesitate to ask - but whats the worst you've seen...... :ph34r:

One posted on another forum (if I can find it I will copy a link) where the reflected light made an image of, well, the first word of the thread title.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

One posted on another forum (if I can find it I will copy a link) where the reflected light made an image of, well, the first word of the thread title.

I remember the that! The giant Hampton shadow looming as you showered! :)

I have one shower that does that, but I decided it wasn't worth worrying about.

If you want to fix it, why not just move the light further from the shower head so that the beam doesn't hit the top of it. Not a big job, just fill in the hole.

• Like 1