My Nightmare Heating System

newhome

7 minutes ago, newhome said:

Yes all the time. Used to do it every time I used it when it got the water to a fairly decent temperature. I used to have to reset it every time I used it. When the boiler engineer came out he said he had 'changed the settings' so it would no longer trip but since he came out the boiler has worked ok so I haven't used it since. Used it every day for about 8 weeks at one point! 

Ignore this - thought you were asking me - not cuppa boy 

Its all good ;)  The inks free. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

(She is really a redhead but has the decency to dye it blonde).

19 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Redhead? The forensics suggest the collar and cuffs don't match... :)

10 minutes ago, newhome said:

You beat me to it! :D @SteamyTea I hope she wiped it before handing it over! :D Tell her the Silk Epil has better reviews ;)

And what's wrong with red hair? 

Certainly an advantage to me as I have never needed one of these

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

And I'm thought weird for taking my missus to Dungeness nuclear plant on honeymoon! :)

There's one up the road from me; Torness. I go there to walk the dogs but haven't noticed them glowing in the dark yet ;)

40 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Been checked out, I am safe to work with children and vulnerable adults.

I do pretend that the courts have said that no ones children are allowed within 500 meters of me, but usually gets misunderstood.  Then I get my lights punched out.

I will probably stop posting when the new terms and conditions come out.

Lined the cupboard walls with 100mm of PU sheet, then filled in the gaps around the around the cylinder with mineral wool.

Leaving an airgap at the bottom for the cable (cause I am a good boy).

The immersion on my cylinder has never been connected to my knowledge. Certainly wasn't when we bought the place and I've never bothered.

I was thinking maybe get something cylindrical like an old water butt or lidded compost bin that fits round the cylinder leaving a 4" gap all around. Split it into two halves vertically and make removable joins. Slip some nice, thick wall pipe insulation over the pipes coming off the cylinder. Then go mad with the expanding foam. If I spray the "former" with mould release it should come off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

I swear I haven't laughed so much in ages. My kids came and asked why I was crying xDxDxD

PMSL x34

I was the same when i first found out they were a thing, if you search for "amazon review of" either veet hair removal or sugar free gummy bears there are hundreds of very similar reviews, there must be others but those are the only products I Know of that fell into the "lets make a really long, hilarious and descriptive review of a product" category.