10yrs ago today 😁

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

7 years ago 20170316_142253.thumb.jpg.91189f98def283170c24da750464a527.jpg: at least we used rebar and not 2 by 2 in the trench 😝

That was just to be my basic level . Probably got a photo of the rebar raft in the foundation somewhere .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

did you dig all that with just that shovel and yellow bucket? you truly are amazing!

He is not actually using a shovel, that is a broom.  He is tidying up, bless him.  He soon lost that habit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I would be cr@ping myself that next doors garden and house was about to end up in your 'ole.

Nah. Solid virign rock. Also ( what you can't tell from the photo ) beyond that wooden shuttering is a 1m wide lane - so not quite as close to the neighbour as you may think.

20 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

That’s a big bank!

It is - it's an old sand dune, but the sea hasn't been anywhere near for hundreds of years, sea is now about 6 miles away.

We added 600T of top soil to it for landscaping

2 hours ago, JohnMo said:

it's an old sand dune, but the sea...

If it is the same as ours then it is nothing to do with the sea, but is glacial. When the glaciers formed rivers of meltwater they crushed rocks and carried boulders and sand with them. They dropped it as they went. These are called eskers and can be up to 50m thick.

Our ground is mostly single sized, rounded sand, with some beds of gravel, and extremely dense. Like soft rock to break through, but then crumbles to sand. 

2 hours ago, JohnMo said:

I came kicking and screaming with the RAF, to Lossiemouth, been here nearly 26 years now, it's great.

My dad was in the Fleet Air Arm on Buccaneers so grew up around the base. Visited on holiday last summer very different since my time but the old Lossie was still there. 

8 hours ago, Kelvin said:

My dad was in the Fleet Air Arm on Buccaneers so grew up around the base. Visited on holiday last summer very different since my time but the old Lossie was still there. 

Burghead and Lossie high school boy here.