If you have a laser measuring “tape” what model is it and what do you like/dislike about it?

Adsibob

21 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

So I don’t know if it’s a genuine discount, but currently advertised with a 79% to £39.99 which is more than I wanted to spend, but a lot cheaper than Leica and Hilti! It’s accurate to 1/16th of an inch which is softlslightly less than 1.59mm. Good enough for me! Good recommendation @Chanmenie

I have the Bosch GLM 50 C (around the £150 mark) although its has an accuracy of of +/-1.5mm it will measure to 0.1mm if you fire it with Bluetooth and don't hold it so you can detect tiny wobbles / vibrations. I don't like the battery life, which feels like a couple of hours when you are working it hard but otherwise it is a great workhorse.

• Like 1

I have this one which has been absolutely fine. As accurate as a tape measure and tough enough to be dropped many times. Has silent mode and still on the original battery after nearly 3 years of (occasional) use. Seems to be discontinued on Amazon but similar models available.

9D3DA61D-D291-4464-965D-5FB981C62858.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Been using a Leica D5 for over 10 years, Faultless. If you'll get the use out of it, a quality one is worth every penny.

The D5 has a camera which sounds gimmicky but has come in handy on occasion when measuring heights with the disto placed on the floor (saves your neck!). When I do get another It will likely be Leica, Similar features plus a remote button would be very handy, Possibly over bluetooth from the phone. When your taking measurements over long distance the slightest nudge will knock you dot off its target. Needless to say pressing the buttons do this hence the remote option. Also hope they have upgraded the camera. All this said, If your measuring smaller distances much of the above will be redundant. 

For estate agents measuring rooms, any one at all is accurate enough.

For a builder, sometimes  aiming for a precise point  before cutting, get  a better one. Leica is fine.

For Engineering, perhaps outdoors in daylight,  you might need a precisely aimed one with a bright laser on it. Serious money....I prefer a tape, and a brick to hold the other end tho not so handy across aerial spaces or vertically.

• 2 weeks later...