Jeremy Harris' Blog

DInwood

I've heard that he's helping POTUS cling to power.

The argument goes like this; if enough people are convinced that thermal mass (code for Mass Fraud) is true then Jezza feels that its his mission in life to debunk that (wink wink) mass fraud.

Now Sydney Powell and he were great mates in the 1970s (code for you know wot) and since her bitter experience with the guy with the runny hair dye , Jezza's inherant good nature lent itself to supporting her and POTUS' claim that he wuz robbed. Jezza never did like injustice.   Case proven. QED (I think)

32 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

I've heard that he's helping POTUS cling to power.

Not what I heard.

I heard that he got called back to Porton Down to intergrate tracking into the latest vaccines, with a PIC microcontroller.  You can tell you have got to his house, even in the dark, as the WiFi says GCHQ.  And we all know he does not have a sense of irony.  Or sarcasm for that matter.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bitpipe said:

I have had several pints with him and he is very, very sound.

He took a 60 mile detour once just to drop off an unused tub of waterproofer at my build and would not take a penny for it, ditto some 16mm pex connectors that he posted out. Also the time he spent building and sharing SAP models, calcs,  etc on this forum were significant.

He often admitted that he found it difficult to read emotion into online conversations so sometimes came across as aloof, which was unintentional.

This reinforces everything I understood about him being the kind of person I'd really appreciate real life conversation with and just enjoy having a pint down the pub with too.

For avoidance of doubt my "someone is wrong on the internet" quip was not intended as a serious criticism. I've been using various internet groups/forums for technical conversations for 26 years now, and lost count of the times I've see  character conflicts that appeared insurmountable online but quickly defused with 20 mins IRL chat and a beer. 

• Like 2

Sad that Jeremy is not about, he always struck me as a very decent human being. The amount of effort he would put into even the most basic question was impressive, occasionally overwhelming but always appreciated by me.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

With chemistry sets for all the kiddies.

We need a good chemist on here, physics is piss easy.

Would the kids get the spherical chickens in a vacuum joke, inside the crackers though?

28 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Ah, I see, not had a telly since 1994.

It has stopped me getting COVID.

It's about a group of nerd scientists, one of whom lands a hot girlfriend. If only life imitated art eh?

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone who has been asking, I gave Jeremy a call yesterday.

The good news is he has recovered from his injury and having to take rather unpleasant medication alongside that.

On the Buildhub front, Jeremy was undertaking a lot of the day to day background admin work of the forum prior to his injury.  Having been away from it, he has been less inclined to get back involved and has various other interests which occupy his time.

His missing blog is simply down to the EU domain being shut down.  Unfortunately, that's where his back up was hosted as well so what's here on Buildhub is it, unless he can dig out a hard back up copy (which he thinks he has).  

That's all there is. Hopefully he will return at some point in the future.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 13