Slimline Aluminium Windows

Juj

Do you guys have any recommendations or are you familiar with any companies who provide quality, reasonably priced slimline aluminium windows? The most mentioned on the site seem to be rational, but their frames are a little chunky for my preferences, I'm not looking for PH standards, so triple glazing is not necessary.

11 hours ago, Simplysimon said:

not aluminium, thought about crittal?

I seem to recall that Crittal are eye-wateringly expensive. We looked into getting some two interior doors done by them and from memory it was going to be thousands.

Thanks for the recommendations all, it looks as though I might have over 200m2 of glass including doors/ windows/ roof lights so this is a pretty huge decision. I'm going to be getting a quote from everyone then compare features/ u-values/ pros and cons, and after all that, I'll go with the cheapest! lol

• 4 weeks later...

@jpinthehouse Sorry for the late reply.  Plans were only finalised today so I'm just about to get quotes in now.  I do like the Idealcombi to be honest but will get quotes from as many sources as possible and narrow down based on price/ look/ quality etc.

On 08/05/2018 at 20:06, Visti said:

Highly recommend Gaulhofer. We went with their In-Line 91mm which is triple glazed, so may be more dear than you're willing to consider.

@Visti I'm speaking to them now.  Do you have any pictures you could share? I'm finding it difficult to find contemporary looking projects of theirs.

• 10 months later...

Any suggestions for Crittall style windows - either in steel or alu. Looking for the slim line profile but better thermal performance (ideally 3G). On my shortlist are MetTherm (AG210), Kawneer (GT70) Secco (EBE 85), Jansen (Arte) and Mondrian (though this looks a tad more contemporary than Crittall). Haven't gotten any quotes yet but they all do look eye-wateringly expensive! ?

Also have come across almost a dozen other companies but they don't seem to have very good U-values and mostly 2G only. 

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

Iqglass ? . Not cheap - but seems good quality and minimalistic...

Thanks! Yes they're on our list - their Sieger & Mondrian lines look promising. However they may be a tad more contemporary than we want as our facade is quite traditional. Secco is the ideal look - very nice but I'm sure very expensive! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janelondon said:

Thanks! Yes they're on our list - their Sieger & Mondrian lines look promising. However they may be a tad more contemporary than we want as our facade is quite traditional. Secco is the ideal look - very nice but I'm sure very expensive! 

Yeah ; we want contemporary modern ( which always seems to cost more ! ) . Internorm stuff looks good but to ‘chunky’ I think for us .....

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2021 at 01:42, Adsibob said:

And there I was thinking the lack of response from the window industry was just a Covid thing! But this suggests they’ve always been like this!

On 29/04/2019 at 18:05, pocster said:

Most companies tbh don’t even respond - guess they don’t want my money . Or start at a dumb price - so I then ignore them ...

Odd isn't it?

I submitted a few quotes before bed one night a few replied with quotes  first thing ask for a revision and then silence....I just don't get it

5 minutes ago, ianfish said:

Odd isn't it?

I submitted a few quotes before bed one night a few replied with quotes  first thing ask for a revision and then silence....I just don't get it

if there's one thing I've learnt in my brief self-build journey so far it's that things always take longer than you expect/want them too!

that includes quotes. 

• Like 2