OK, I'm clearly being a toilet Luddite! Or to be more precise I'm completely confused by the myriad of differing Geberit wall frames. Depending on the website you look at; differing names of cisterns, with flush plate or without, if with which one works with which cistern, 90/100mm adaptor included or not, wall fixings sometimes! Crikey my head hurts!

Can anyone tell me what exactly I need for a concealed cistern (lower than 900mm) for a wall hung toilet. Flush plate in brushed chrome and ideally not one that is as expensive as the frame :/ ??? 

Or point me at a guide.

Edit: I need three of them. All will be attached to timber studwork. 

Thanks from Bogless Bob

Edited by Barney12

Hey @Barney12 I thought your question, 'can anybody tell me exactly...'  was a bit like the crystal maze for very 'clever' people as the number of ways of getting it wrong are myriad, the whole thing appears simple at the outset and for each situation there is only one right answer nestling like a needle in the haystack. Get a normal crapper or get a head ache. Alternatively you could settle back and wait for @onoff to finish his thread on boxing in because I think this same question is in there, and answered - well sort of, about page 10.

We've got 2 of the Geberit Duofix frames with Sigma cisterns. These are 112cm high (which is quite high if you want a shelf behind) but they have the advantage that the seat doesn't bang against the flush mechanism when it's in the up position.

Everything you need comes in the box and they fit a wide range of WCs. They are well made and pretty easy to fix into studwork too and can be fitted into a depth of 12cm.

The attached might help.

Geberit Duofix frame for wall-hung WC.pdf

Geberit_Compatibility_July_2013.pdf

@Barney12, For Geberit cisterns less than 90cm high you have 2 options, the Omega and the Kappa, both have a 82cm high version:

Kappa Cistern 82cm.pdf

Omega Cistern 82cm.pdf

with the appropriate Duofix frame to allow a wall hung toilet:

Duofix Frame for 82cm Kappa.pdf

Duofix Frame for 82cm Omega.pdf

Then select the flush plate from the chart that @Onoff included.

Slightly technical but  try this - 

https://catalog.geberit.com/public/chapter.aspx?cat=GB_GB-en_1&ch=CH3_100902

You need the 82cm Kappa or Omega frames. The cistern is integral. You will then need a Kappa or Omega flushplate depending on the frame you pick. 

Generally the 82cm frames are dearer as are the flushplates due to much smaller volumes. AFAIK it it possible to set up the cistern to be top flushing to avoid the seat bashing into the plate or having to close it to flush

Kappa frame is the one you need - Sigma is the 112cm one and they are dead easy to fit. They come with everything you need apart from an angle or flat plate for the top - depending on how you fit them to the studs.  

Flush plates vary in price but list less 45% should be your target price. 

http://m.builderdepot.co.uk/geberit-duofix-wc-frame-0-82m.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5rL6rK3W1gIVhT8bCh2-bAJQEAQYAiABEgKNPfD_BwE

14 hours ago, RandAbuild said:

These are 112cm high (which is quite high if you want a shelf behind) but they have the advantage that the seat doesn't bang against the flush mechanism when it's in the up position.

Heed these words well as the seat hitting the flush plate has generated many an angry customer. :(

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Heed these words we'll as the seat hitting the flush plate has generated many an angry customer. :(

Understood. Alas due to the position in the rooms (room in roof so sloping walls) it can't be avoided. I'll just have to ensure I've got soft close toilet seats so I can flick them down to flush! 

Edit, the alternative is I go for a concealed cistern with a small push button and retain some form of access to the cistern for servicing. 

Edited by Barney12

2 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Understood. Alas due to the position in the rooms (room in roof so sloping walls) it can't be avoided. I'll just have to ensure I've got soft close toilet seats so I can flick them down to flush! 

Edit, the alternative is I go for a concealed cistern with a small push button and retain some form of access to the cistern for servicing. 

They don't back onto a wardrobe / other in the adjacent room by any chance ? 

Have Geberit fixed the problem with the joint between the cistern and flush pipe? Ours started leaking and this is what I found. It was a poor design in my opinion. My video..

We had to go with this option (seat rests on flush actuator) on all of our toilets.

It's mildly annoying having to move the seat forward to flush every time, but not the end of the world.

No issues yet from the seat resting on the (plastic) flush actuator.

18 hours ago, jack said:

Quick update - I had a closer look at this tonight and note that the lid actually just clears the actuator and rests on the tiles immediately above.

18 hours ago, jack said:

It's mildly annoying having to move the seat forward to flush every time, but not the end of the world.

This is the scenario we have.  In many ways we find it a positive having to close the lid before flushing (soft close seats/lid so you only have to flick them forward rather than lowering them).  Prevents aerosol spray from flushing and makes the kids want to wash their hands!

3 minutes ago, Stones said:

and makes the kids want to wash their hands!

Our kids virtually never remember to flush the toilet or wash their hands on their own, despite many, many years of pestering.