Insulhub Isotex Voluntary Liquidation

So it seems that we have been lied to from the start. Always promised that our payments were sent to Isotex in Italy and our order would be held over there in their yard as they had the space.

Isotex has replied to us today, the same as already previousy posted ...45% discount but also confirming that there is no order for "us" in our name.

So Jamie is the Director of Insulhub and is also the Director of Insulhub Contracting which is still active and have submited their accounts recently , insulhub conveniently also sold their vehicles to insulhub Contracting prior to voluntary liquidation for £343k.

As far as I'm concerned Jamie Anderson would have know this was going to be happening well in advance and definately before some people had made their recent payments. If the monies were not paid to Isotex then where has it gone? Is this misappropriation of funds or the like , who knows but as a Ltd company not alot will happen I expect other than the insolvency practitioner will get paid first as always and everyone else will get sweet fk all.

From previous experience I worked for a company that entered VL status and as an employee we knew well inadvance this was going to happen and I and others made plans accordingly.

Ive attached the pdf recieved from Isotex , response and prices.

Isotex Response.pdf BLOCKS ON DEMAND SEPTEMBER 2022.pdf STANDARD BLOCKS SEPTEMBER 2022.pdf

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, saveasteading said:

Good point. It is correct to go into voluntary liquidation when the situation is hopeless. Different to being wound up by a creditor.

It is very easy for the owner to be optimistic until a more independent person points out the hopelessness. That tender about to be accepted, the slow paying client about to cough up etc...

So yes, maybe they can work out some compromise. If they are well enough thought of they may get time to pay debts, etc.

It is possible of course that they have had a big hit from a bad client or a big financial claim, and have done the right thing .

On the negative side..what can a solicitor do? Spend your money. But if there was any naughty shifting of funds, then perhaps that could be recovered from individuals or associated businesses.

Unfortunately the tax man then the bank get preference.

The suggestion of keeping contact is sensible. Angry but reasonable

It's not sounding very positive atm, is it? Especially after reading the previous post.

There's holding out hope, and then there's;

37 minutes ago, nickw said:

insulhub conveniently also sold their vehicles to insulhub Contracting prior to voluntary liquidation for £343k.

:/ 

So my conundrum is we have lost the deposit but not had any blocks delivered. So with Isotexs offer, it looks like we would take a smaller hit financially but the risk is having little support during the build. 

We could move to another system but in people's own experiences how tricky has this system been to build, I am a competent person but would not want to go in building this blind. Thanks

• jack changed the title to Insulhub Isotex Voluntary Liquidation

@WiltshireLink

i would take the hit with the deposit and find a better build system. 
having worked on one of Jamie’s builds you are better off without him. 
his knowledge was woeful and he had no idea how to build a good house. 
he was only in it for the pay-out. 
Find a system where the salesman doesn’t actually try too hard to sell the product. 
they should show you the product and let you work out it’s good and bad points. 

• Like 1

None of the ICF build systems are rocket science. If there is build manual, just follow that. Basically stand a block on foundation repeat, add rebar per structural engineer drawing.  Make sure the insulation is in line throughout the building.

19 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

i would take the hit with the deposit and find a better build system. 
having worked on one of Jamie’s builds you are better off without him. 
his knowledge was woeful and he had no idea how to build a good house. 
he was only in it for the payout. 
find a system were the salesman doesn’t actually try to hard to sell the product. 
they should show you the product and let you work out it’s good and bad points. 

@Russell griffiths Ive been looking at what in your opinion is a better system, unfortunately for me I have lost my money and had paid for all the blocks, the offer from Italy to buy ISOTEX direct at a 45% discount will probably work out quite a bit cheaper than an alternative polystyrene system. Although i'm waiting to hear about transport costs.

But i will be getting quotes and take it from there. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chanmenie said:

@Russell griffiths Ive been looking at what in your opinion is a better system, unfortunately for me I have lost my money and had paid for all the blocks, the offer from Italy to buy ISOTEX direct at a 45% discount will probably work out quite a bit cheaper than an alternative polystyrene system. Although i'm waiting to hear about transport costs.

But i will be getting quotes and take it from there. 

This is a tricky situation that insulhub has put many of you in. Also having spoken to Andy & Jamie several times I'm shocked. I feel for you@Chanmenie I was so close to following your footsteps. If you want to see my Jackon ICF build drop me a message.

Edited by freshy

15 hours ago, Chanmenie said:

@Russell griffiths Out of interest what was it you didn't like about Beco Wallform.

From memory, it’s been a while. Beco does not have any nylon fixing points. So fixing internal or external boards or battens is a drama. 
also temporary props are a pain to fix in place. 
in my view a very outdated Icf that hasn’t bothered to progress. 

14 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

From memory, it’s been a while. Beco does not have any nylon fixing points. So fixing internal or external boards or battens is a drama. 
also temporary props are a pain to fix in place. 

Yeah that I noticed that but with the inner insulation only being 55mm you can easily screw into the concrete core, the external more of an issue but i guess not a problem if using render  

Edited by Chanmenie

14 hours ago, Chanmenie said:

Yeah that I noticed that but with the inner insulation only being 55mm you can easily screw into the concrete core, the external more of an issue but i guess not a problem if using render  

Which means having battens. More materials costs, labour, and less GIA.

Just adding myself into this thread as we have also been caught up in the insulhub saga having only paid for our blocks in mid March and now seeing that money disappear.  Apparently we were buying ones sitting waiting in the yard as another client had large delays on their project.

It was around the time Andy had his heart attack too...

The isotex offer is ok and useful as we were weeks away from demolition (so all structural and layout drawing done) but I don't think there are any/many isotex builders with enough experience out there now. So may have to redo all of that work as well on a new build system.

I struggle to believe the money isn't somewhere......

I hope this is ok to promote here if not please delete.

I have set up a Facebook Group "ISOTEX users UK"  for those who plan on taking up the offer from Italy and continue with their Isotex builds.

The idea is to share knowledge and experience and buy / Sell spare blocks, I can hopefully get some members who have finished their builds or have more experience.

We could just try and coordinate on this forum but I felt i'd get more reach on Facebook.

I would also promote this forum on the FB group as the members here have been so helpful.   

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

I would also promote this forum on the FB group as the members here have been so helpful. 

Check with the forum bosses, they may have to deal with an influx of new members and spammers, and angry people.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Check with the forum bosses, they may have to deal with an influx of new members and spammers, and angry people.

Google etc will join the dots regardless. It's a public forum, and we do not control members activity outside of these 4 walls, or where they promote / discuss us / BH.

We're north of 14,000 members, usual amount of spammers, and the angry ones get taken out to the paddock and shot at point blank range.

We prefer loving to fighting ;) 

@pocster..."NO!" Don't even THINK about it.

• Thanks 1

I am very sad to see this. I was speaking with Insulhub late last year. However, they were *extremely* pushy in our dealings - a red flag to me - so I told them where to go. In retrospect this makes sense if they were trying to trade their way out of difficulties. Their technical information was also sparse. They kept trying to fob me off with architects' drawings from past pojects! Similarly another ICF system which also offers contracting, offered me terrible payment terms - 20% up front - which was a similar warning sign. I've now resigned myself to traditional construction (sigh) but the assurance of JCT terms with monthly valuations.

Edited by Oli

On 07/04/2023 at 23:34, Pete Coleman said:

I to have suffered a substantial loss having ordered blocks from Insulhub.

Jamie Anderson continually lied to me right up to and until he went into liquidation this week. I contacted Isotex early this week only to be told they had no knowledge of my order of 465sqm of blocks despite Jamie telling I was to receive them next week. I believe Insulhub has been trading fraudulently for some time and my suspicion is monies received for Isotex blocks has been redirected into his Insulhub contracting business that continues to trade. All of us need to register our interest with the liquidator and ensure we attend creditor meetings where we need to establish where our funds have been spent?

This scumbag needs to be exposed for his deception and if possible challenged legally.

Isotex have been willing to step in and support me with a substantial discount for replacement blocks. It’s obvious they are embarrassed by the actions of their UK distributor who has put their brand reputation into disrepute and want to stand by the impacted customers. 

I too have suffered a substantial loss. I see that you posted on Andy Norris Linked in site . I will be interested to see if you get a response . I even went to a training day at Swindon 3 weeks ago where Jamie had the brass neck to give a demonstration . At least he laid on some sandwiches . It will turn out to be the most expensive cheese sandwich I have ever had !! 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, SB2023 said:

I doubt Andy will respond. I believe he is still recovering from a heart attack so probably isn't on social media of any sort. He probably isn't the best one for us to be contacting either...

Oh he's active on Facebook alright, heading off to Football games. I wish him all the best but seems to have made a quick recovery...

• Confused 2

Can members posting here please ensure, despite provocations they may have been subject to because of the events discussed here, that they do not make statements that could prejudice subsequent proceedings and do not endanger themselves from counter actions e.g. libellous statements. Buildhub is not a legal guardian, however we feel that we should offer this advice to persons affected / posting whilst the red mist has yet to subside.

On 08/04/2023 at 09:29, Surfiejim said:

Hi Pete.  I feel for you.  That's a big order ! Are you or any others left stranded by this liquidation thinking about ordering direct?  I was asked to do a block quantities list for the direct quote but don't have a clue. I've also not done any training. This was due is May !

I've got a guy who can do block work but if the discounted Isotex blocks arrive and I can work out the system (I'm confident I can) it will still work out cheaper and better. 

So I'm in a pickle.

Part of me hopes that Jamie, Dave and Co may come good and work out a solution after the easter break. 

However if foul play is evident I'm not going to sit around and allow them to shaft me. 

Hi Pete, 

Insulhub was building our house for us. It was left built to first floor level so me and my husband have taken over. I also know a few other people which have built their selves, so happy to try and give advice.

• Like 1