Insulhub Isotex Voluntary Liquidation

I think it is worth mentioning the following here. If people had have done this earlier with insulhub then a lot of us wouldn't be seriously out of pocket and having our lives turned upside down.

Be aware that Jamie's wife has started two new companies just after insulhub went bust.

It should be a warning to all to steer clear of company numbers KLONIX LIMITED (14785303) and OVEGO LIMITED (14785241).

At least do some serious research of your own if you are involved with them.

Edited by SB2023
Wording

12 hours ago, SB2023 said:

I think it is worth mentioning the following here. If people had have done this earlier with insulhub then a lot of us wouldn't be seriously out of pocket and having our lives turned upside down.

Be aware that Jamie's wife has started two new companies just after insulhub went bust.

It should be a warning to all to steer clear of company numbers KLONIX LIMITED (14785303) and OVEGO LIMITED (14785241).

At least do some serious research of your own if you are involved with them.

They will likely use trading names to disjoint the company names from the name of the company(s) people will see / connect with. Quite telling interesting that 2 companies have needed to have been formed.... 

• Like 1

1 company has been set up as a dormant company..yes done often for legitimate reasons ie  name protection and others , but also dormant are set up for reasons that are for "other" reasons lets say. Google will show scams/tax/ all sorts of stuff that goes on with dormant companies, it really isn't that normal if just setting up a new business.

While we appreciate the sentiments being unpacked in this thread, we must remind you of our T&Cs which clearly state that:

6.6   Your user content must not be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
6.7   You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.

We agree that this situation is awful and we are saddened however to be so blunt about it, but we cannot allow Buildhub to be brought into disrepute.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Buildhub Moderators

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2023 at 09:13, ChrisDL said:

I have also fallen foul of the Insulhub liquidation. Slightly different from some of the poor people here in the fact I have probably 3/4 of the materials to finish the house - but not enough to finish and no garage....

What is also so disappointing is the support and knowledge has been pulled from under our feet as well...

I notice @Nickfromwales comments in not recommending a Woodcrete block... which is a shame since I have one! I was considering a parge coat and was relying on Insulhubs team to guide me.... unlikely to happen now I suspect. I am wondering what the recommendation to might be to those of us with a partially built project? Just mix in Nudura?

Many thanks,

Chris

@ChrisDL - we have completed our house structure (the walls are up at least) and have a mix of Isotex 38s left over. We're in North Somerset - let me know what you need to finish. It's been so stressful to get 3 deliveries from Italy to site...

Edited by Boxy project
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Boxy project said:

@ChrisDL - we have completed our house structure (the walls are up at least) and have a mix of Isotex 38s left over. We're in North Somerset - let me know what you need to finish. It's been so stressful to get 3 deliveries from Italy to site...

But well done in doing it! 👏 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jake Cook said:

Hello all, unfortunately I ordered blocks from Insul Hub too that weren't delivered and have lost money.  You mentioned a Facebook group and Wattsapp group.  How do I get on it?  Thanks.  Jake

Hi Jake. I'm not sure whether this thread is monitored much by the people who've posted in it.

Best thing you can do is to send a private message to one of the people who mentioned the Facebook and WhatsApp groups earlier in the thread and ask them how to join. If you're on a PC, you can just hover over their icon and a popup will give you the option to send a message. Alternatively, click on their icon and the option will be on the next page.

Good luck.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jack said:

Hi Jake. I'm not sure whether this thread is monitored much by the people who've posted in it.

Best thing you can do is to send a private message to one of the people who mentioned the Facebook and WhatsApp groups earlier in the thread and ask them how to join. If you're on a PC, you can just hover over their icon and a popup will give you the option to send a message. Alternatively, click on their icon and the option will be on the next page.

Good luck.

Thanks Jack. Much appreciated.  I have done that now. 

Edited by Jake Cook
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I too have been caught by Jamie Anderson.  I ordered and paid for blocks in October 2022 which were never delivered despite promises that they would be only a week before the company went into VL.  It strikes me that at the very least he has acted improperly in taking orders which he must have known he had little chance of fulfilling.  Subject to the Liquidator's findings there may even be a criminal case to be made but I'm not hopeful.  As with other creditors I'm getting no response from the Liquidator.

I have contacted Isotex directly and they have offered to deal with me directly but their quote with all customs duties and taxes paid does not appear to reflect a 45% discount that has been mentioned.  The most worrying aspect is that when I suggested an escrow arrangement to protect both parties they rejected it out of hand and asked for full payment in advance. 

I quote.......

"Regarding the request for payment by escrow, unfortunately I cannot comply with your request.

I fully understand your hesitation, but the company has over 38 years of experience in the market and has no intention of cheating or playing tricks like InsulHub.

That is why I have included some of the international banks we work with from the very first email so that you can get all the necessary information about our company through your bank by checking all security aspects.

The company Isotex has no interest in making a customer unhappy, but rather our intention is to support you as best we can and try to compensate you for the damage done by InsulHub."

I shall not be taking them up!

Chris

• 3 months later...

They built 6 houses for us. All finished.

I would track Jamie as he is a slippery fish and will no doubt start another company.

If we keep track of him and share his new businesses I will happily use my linkedIn and other means to call him out.

Full of chat and fat!

If this can help then feel free to ask for proof.

We had Jamie build 6 houses using Isotex. 

The final bill was paid by us on 22nd March 2023. It was a healthy 5 figure sum.

If anyone is seeking damages or wishes to prove they were trading whilst insolvent please get in touch and we can provide whatever evidence is required and relevant. 

We found Jamie to be a thoroughly bad person and have no good things to say about him and his business practices.

• 1 month later...
On 07/09/2023 at 19:29, FastEddie said:

If this can help then feel free to ask for proof.

We had Jamie build 6 houses using Isotex. 

The final bill was paid by us on 22nd March 2023. It was a healthy 5 figure sum.

If anyone is seeking damages or wishes to prove they were trading whilst insolvent please get in touch and we can provide whatever evidence is required and relevant. 

We found Jamie to be a thoroughly bad person and have no good things to say about him and his business practices.

Dear Fast Eddie, 

Are you able to get in touch via my email at [email address deleted by admin].  I was taken for a ride of £20,000 any information would be gratefully received. 

Many thanks

Karim 

2 hours ago, Smartie said:

Dear Fast Eddie, 

Are you able to get in touch via my email at ........  I was taken for a ride of £20,000 any information would be gratefully received. 

Many thanks

Karim 

I would advise you to edit your post and remove your email address.  If you want a particular member to know it, send them a PM