Insulhub Isotex Voluntary Liquidation

9 hours ago, Shiloh said:

Jamie was quite critical of Durisol, taking money when they knew they were going under. 

It looks like he’s done the same thing. 

It may not help many but I’ve been in contact with Isotex and they are offering a 45% discount to those who’ve been stung. 

Do you mind me asking who you spoke to and or the contact number please?

I to have suffered a substantial loss having ordered blocks from Insulhub.

Jamie Anderson continually lied to me right up to and until he went into liquidation this week. I contacted Isotex early this week only to be told they had no knowledge of my order of 465sqm of blocks despite Jamie telling I was to receive them next week. I believe Insulhub has been trading fraudulently for some time and my suspicion is monies received for Isotex blocks has been redirected into his Insulhub contracting business that continues to trade. All of us need to register our interest with the liquidator and ensure we attend creditor meetings where we need to establish where our funds have been spent?

This scumbag needs to be exposed for his deception and if possible challenged legally.

Isotex have been willing to step in and support me with a substantial discount for replacement blocks. It’s obvious they are embarrassed by the actions of their UK distributor who has put their brand reputation into disrepute and want to stand by the impacted customers. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pete Coleman said:

Jamie Anderson continually lied to me right up to and until he went into liquidation this week. I contacted Isotex early this week only to be told they had no knowledge of my order of 465sqm of blocks despite Jamie telling I was to receive them next week. I believe Insulhub has been trading fraudulently for some time

This scumbag needs to be exposed for his deception and if possible challenged legally.

Hi Pete, sorry to hear that, I am in same boat as you albeit a smaller amount, I was told my blocks were on way 27th March so Jamie lied to me right up until beginning of April, I also contacted Isotex and was told the same as you.

I also wonder how long the lies and deception have been going on,

I was manipulated by Andy to pay the balance of what I owed in December so I have suspicions it could have been prior to that. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Pete Coleman said:

Jamie Anderson continually lied to me right up to and until he went into liquidation this week. I contacted Isotex early this week only to be told they had no knowledge of my order of 465sqm of blocks despite Jamie telling I was to receive them next week. I believe Insulhub has been trading fraudulently for some time and my suspicion is monies received for Isotex blocks has been redirected into his Insulhub contracting business that continues to trade. All of us need to register our interest with the liquidator and ensure we attend creditor meetings where we need to establish where our funds have been spent?

Isotex have been willing to step in and support me with a substantial discount for replacement blocks. It’s obvious they are embarrassed by the actions of their UK distributor who has put their brand reputation into disrepute and want to stand by the impacted customers. 

Hi Pete.  I feel for you.  That's a big order ! Are you or any others left stranded by this liquidation thinking about ordering direct?  I was asked to do a block quantities list for the direct quote but don't have a clue. I've also not done any training. This was due is May !

I've got a guy who can do block work but if the discounted Isotex blocks arrive and I can work out the system (I'm confident I can) it will still work out cheaper and better. 

So I'm in a pickle.

Part of me hopes that Jamie, Dave and Co may come good and work out a solution after the easter break. 

However if foul play is evident I'm not going to sit around and allow them to shaft me. 

21 minutes ago, Surfiejim said:

Hi Pete.  I feel for you.  That's a big order ! Are you or any others left stranded by this liquidation thinking about ordering direct?  I was asked to do a block quantities list for the direct quote but don't have a clue. I've also not done any training. This was due is May !

I've got a guy who can do block work but if the discounted Isotex blocks arrive and I can work out the system (I'm confident I can) it will still work out cheaper and better. 

So I'm in a pickle.

Part of me hopes that Jamie, Dave and Co may come good and work out a solution after the easter break. 

However if foul play is evident I'm not going to sit around and allow them to shaft me. 

I really don't think Jamie will come good, he's been lying for months, so he knew the business was going tits up a long while ago.

I'm in the same boat as you so am waiting to find out what the customs and delivery costs will be from Italy, then ill compare against the alternatives.

I was originally promised by Andy my blocks would be delivered in February so I should have be up to wall plate height or have the roof on by now. 

5 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

How will that help? This isn't breach of contract, this is a hit and run!

He is a cleaver bloke and probably knows what to do to get the best possible outcome.

And has had trouble with his own builders.

Just don't ask about choosing a car, wine fridge, driveway, thermal blinds....

But he is a good bloke that is helpful.

Edited by SteamyTea

3 hours ago, Pete Coleman said:

Has anyone booked into the Grand Design show this year? It might be an opportunity to get together, would be good to form a group?

I noticed Insulhub had booked a double stand we could meet on their empty site!??

Do you think he / they will show up there for a public flogging? One would assume he will go to ground?, for the foreseeable future at least.

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Do you think he / they will show up there for a public flogging? One would assume he will go to ground?, for the foreseeable future at least.

Probably done the decent thing and gone to Spain.

https://www.idealista.com/en/news/lifestyle-spain/2022/11/30/7292-towns-and-villages-spain-where-you-could-get-paid-live

I think I read that you get extra payments for making babies, better start practicing as I will have stiff competition from our @pocster.

On 06/04/2023 at 14:39, Kelvin said:

Nightmare. I’m so sorry to hear this. 

This has been my biggest fear with the timber kit company I’m going with. I flagged my concerns to them right at the start 10 months ago and despite promises and different options to protect client funds (section 75, Escrow, insurance) nothing ever materialised. They have £123k of our money for the kit, the insulation, and all the 3G windows. We’re two weeks away from delivery and we’ve been to the factory to see the panels being made but it’s been quite a point of stress for me so I really feel for you. 

Section 75 only applies to purchases below £30k.

I wonder how much they went into receivership for and if it was the tax man what done it.

Guess this will all come out next week.

We spent 2 days at Swindon earlier this year and spoke to all the ICF suppliers, except Nudura who didn't seem to have a salesman around most of the time.

We have just been so lucky.

I'm sorry for all you guys who have been stung.

20 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

Section 75 only applies to purchases below £30k.

I know. Each separate stage payment for the kit was under £30k so my intent was to pay a proportion on different cc to get the protection on each invoice. In some circumstances you can have more than £30k protected. 

10 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Any advice about claiming money back if not sectioned at 75.

Or what to look for if criminal fraud has been committed?

Engorged dividends, or directors loans, big expensive house and big expensive car are usually the tell-tale signs of syphoning funds off for personal gain. Quite easy to see lifestyle before / after, and that's what HMRC would focus on....but not sure about what diligence the receivers exercise.

A winding up order can be blocked by other creditors.

3 hours ago, Surfiejim said:

However if foul play is evident I'm not going to sit around and allow them to shaft me

Good point. It is correct to go into voluntary liquidation when the situation is hopeless. Different to being wound up by a creditor.

It is very easy for the owner to be optimistic until a more independent person points out the hopelessness. That tender about to be accepted, the slow paying client about to cough up etc...

So yes, maybe they can work out some compromise. If they are well enough thought of they may get time to pay debts, etc.

It is possible of course that they have had a big hit from a bad client or a big financial claim, and have done the right thing .

On the negative side..what can a solicitor do? Spend your money. But if there was any naughty shifting of funds, then perhaps that could be recovered from undividuals or associated businesses.

Unfortunately the tax man then the bank get preference.

The suggestion of keeping contact is sensible. Angry but reasonable