Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

7 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Nothing better than being covered in magnetic eps dust. 

:|

I Hoover as I go along! 

After testing the radiator loop under pressure I also sucked out the water using the vac.

Makes an interesting waste stream in the bottom of the wet vac!

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Just banned my boy for 1hr for chopsing to swmbo. 

Like the sky had fallen. ?

Oh, I've had that a few times these holidays, I just turn his IP addresses off, no warning, it just goes, B|

We went over to some relatives over Christmas the the boy had his PS4 connected to the big screen TV going nearly all day. When he finally stopped I asked him to turn the TV off and he didn't know how to and had to go and ask his parents! I guess it's left on all day normally.

15 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

We went over to some relatives over Christmas the the boy had his PS4 connected to the big screen TV going nearly all day. When he finally stopped I asked him to turn the TV off and he didn't know how to and had to go and ask his parents! I guess it's left on all day normally.

I have a customer like that. she bought a new tv recently and she called me out twice because it "was not working" the issue was she didn't know how to select hdmi 1 input and it was just trying to receive a freeview signal, which it could not do as they have no ordinary aerial. Both times I showed them how to select hdmi 1 and even wrote instructions.   I had to go back there again to change a light fitting and I noticed the tv was on with nobody in the room and the sound muted. I got the impression they now never turn it off, just mute it when not watching it because they still can't fathom how to operate it.

1 hour ago, PeterStarck said:

What the...?  And I feel guilty for letting ours play for a couple of hours on the weekend! O.o

Where the shelf is alongside the bath, I've done the vertical portion in 12mm marine ply that comes up from the 18mm deck the bath sits "on". For the 100mm wide shelf of the recess (there's some ply & plasterboard off cuts on it).....it's going to be tiled. Not sure whether to marine ply this then tile or just use the green plasterboard then tile?

20170102_234906

27 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Gosh those plasterboard screws are close together. That is twice as many as I have ever seen used anywhere.

What's the single back box for? I assume the double one is for a shaver socket.

The screws.....on the window wall the boards sit on 45x45 battens that are packed 5mm to 100mm off the original walls...they're that "out". All to square the room off! I went ott with the screws for rigidity. The bit over the sink.....just got carried away! :)

Yep the 2G is for a shaver socket. SWMBO was adamant she didn't want two things; a shaver socket or a bathroom cabinet. Go figure! Tbh the shaver socket will only be for leccy toothbrushes as I use mains clippers (occasionally) and the lad wet shaves. EVEN objected to that! The 1G is for heated mirror pad. 20mm galv tube down to the 2G then across to the 1G. Shaver permanent live / pad switched, both off the lights. Both isolated outside the bathroom along with the bath pump, single room MVHR, body dryer etc. All in tube back to the new cu.....eventually......doorway to move elsewhere.....cu to move etc.

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Shaver permanent live / pad switched, both off the lights. Both isolated outside the bathroom along with the bath pump, single room MVHR, body dryer etc. All in tube back to the new cu.....eventually......doorway to move elsewhere.....cu to move etc.

That's 2018 sorted then.

@Nickfromwales, I was going along these lines:

LED_003

But I think as you say it will definitely need a trim on that back edge of the 25mm tile strip. The x4 20x20mm (clear) plastic clips that hold the aluminium extrusion on, spaced over the 1850mm length will I think stand out looking from underneath.

It almost needs another matching trim the same as the front...maybe so that 25mm bit of tile hides the brackets...

Edited by Onoff