Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

On 28/04/2018 at 19:22, Onoff said:

Cheers. 

So I could ditch the branch for a 90deg bend laid on it's side and that would be OK?

Why is a branch such a stalling point, does "stuff" get thrown into the unused branch and compacted? Or is it not enough of a sweep? If that's the case a normal 90 is no good either!

So for clarification the 112.5 branch in it's side could cause a "log jam"? It's approx 1.5m from the aav stack.

2018-04-28_08-01-43

Bump.

What about x2 135deg bends instead of the 112.5deg branch on it's side? Any better?

8 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

you seem to be missing the pictures before you cut it back ?

Tbh the majority of the cutting back has been where the gun foam has expanded widthways rather than out. Still got the best part of a bin bag full. The thickness of finished depth foam/PIR varies from 25mm to 125mm just in this area there's so many thicknesses of old brick, block and render.

I ditched the EPS behind the pipes and replaced with PIR too.

On 28/04/2018 at 17:00, Nickfromwales said:

You need a bend and then the branch, or the branch then the bend. Don't use the branch to make a 90o turn in the run as it's a stalling point and a big no-no. 

This?

2018-05-01_09-34-09

2 hours ago, bassanclan said:

Personally I would swap the bottom bend and branch, so the branch is vertical, if need be make it a 4 socket rather 3 socket branch

That's a good shout but the"future" run would slip nicely between the underside of the dormer floor joists and top of the downstairs ceiling floor joists. If I turned the branch vertical and lifted it up I'd lose that run option.

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

This?

2018-05-01_09-34-09

Nope :D

Youve still got the products of arse combustion hitting the flat back of that branch ;) 

Needs to be a Y branch with a 45 in it to send things round't bend lad. 

@bassanclans idea would work and you could use a corner branch to make things easier down the line. 

20 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Make the first branch an access / inspection branch and have a rodding eye on top of the corner branch. 

Sketch pls? 

20 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Nope :D

Youve still got the products of arse combustion hitting the flat back of that branch ;) 

Needs to be a Y branch with a 45 in it to send things round't bend lad. 

@bassanclans idea would work and you could use a corner branch to make things easier down the line. 

Sketch pls? 

Until I move this soil I can't run my shower feeds in the loft.

It's holding me up... :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Sketch pls? 

Sketch pls? 

Until I move this soil I can't run my shower feeds in the loft.

It's holding me up... :ph34r:

I hope that is a soil pipe not soil.

If not, what HAVE you been growing in soil in your loft?

Could explain a lot, mind.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

image.thumb.jpg.0bdeaddc3a13080f218b80c946fd359b.jpg

Thanks. The "problem" is that the "ADD W/C" run wants to go straight thru the 9"x6" perimeter beam - the one where the old white junction box is screwed to:

20180425_161507

Edited by Onoff

3 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

To be honest, is it worth future proofing the soil pipe? I imagine your great grandchildren won't be that fussed, as I assume that's how long it will be before this project is done

True, my pension prospects are such that we seriously won't be able to stay here / maintain it into our old age. :(

Just have to hope something comes up. This time next year Rodders...

• Like 1