-
Posts
14433 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
29
Everything posted by Pocster
-
Thats the last time I ...
Pocster replied to ToughButterCup's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
No ! It stank for months - which makes me think of a new thread .... -
Trade discount
Pocster replied to Pocster's topic in Self Build VAT, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), S106 & Tax
Ok so my gut instinct was wrong ! They will give a 15% discount to trade I.e a company So ! Can I get one of my non existent friends with a company to buy the item . Sell it to me at purchase price ; then I can claim the vat back later . Is there a problem for the purchasing company in this situation???? cheers ! p.s hate it when a discount is mentioned but you can’t get it ! -
Can you do a thread on this ? . I miss your bathroom yarn - much more fun than Eastenders . Gate Pillars is like GoT without the red lady nor Daenerys - and I like a bit of titillation as you know ... ?
-
-
Thats the last time I ...
Pocster replied to ToughButterCup's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Well I had my impact driver in my car and it must of been facing drill bit upwards . Went to Tesco’s bought shopping , stuffed it in my car . Got home and realised the drill bit had gone straight into 6 pints of milk in plastic container. Not a good day ? -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Ok . I’ll bare that in mind . No idea how I would implement it in my configuration- but I haven’t got any hot water to test yet anyway ! -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Yes ; that’s what a raspberry pi beacon is . -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Geofencing I would do locally as with most things . Other advantage is you could tell whom is in the house and possibly with more beacons which room they are in . -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I see . Does it make that much difference? I assume it saves a few seconds on making a hot tap hot ?? -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Can’t see why not . I was intending using geo fencing to unlock the front door as you approach- but that might be a bit of a security risk . Really need facial recognition. -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Assume I don’t need to do this with a Uvc ? -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Yes I was going to use movement and humidity sensors to trigger the boost . As I’ll have lots of home automation stuff I don’t think it would be too tricky to have the induction hob trigger the mvhr . Will play with that later I.e a year from now ? -
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I ask because I have the as of yet unused kinetic sentinel and I don’t remember a “ hob extractor mode “ - which sounds dead handy - so I’m jealous!! -
I wish I could add something constructive to this thread . It seems possibly plausible that @zoothornmight be interested in some walk on glazing ????
-
MVHR newbie.. help needed
Pocster replied to Savage87's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
Which model have you got ? -
Trade discount
Pocster replied to Pocster's topic in Self Build VAT, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), S106 & Tax
I sent my “I deserve a discount” email . No reply yet . Don’t ask don’t get . My gut feeling is they will offer me 15% discount . God shines on the cheeky ? -
No one see Reggie in China last night ? They move fast on everything! . As said a few decades ago fields now the world centre for technology......
-
Trade discount
Pocster replied to Pocster's topic in Self Build VAT, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), S106 & Tax
Yeah so it’s really a bulk discount or frequent buyer discount. -
Trade discount
Pocster replied to Pocster's topic in Self Build VAT, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), S106 & Tax
Sure . But what difference does it make selling a £1000 item with 15% discount to “trade” and selling it to me ? . The seller gets the same amount regardless don’t they ? -
Trade discount
Pocster replied to Pocster's topic in Self Build VAT, Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), S106 & Tax
Oh I know that . Some suppliers do some don’t . It really was about discount to trade and not to me . -
I want to make a purchase - the seller won’t drop the vat even though it’s a self build . They will offer a 15% trade discount if bought via a company account - which I don’t have . What difference does it make to the seller ? I.e sell to trade 15% discount or sell to me 15% discount . Price would be the same ; what’s the benefit to the seller ? Naturally I want 15% discount even including Vat . cheers
-
I think some glazing over that would look incredible!
-
Splendid news ! A few cm saved !!
-
So you are saying I attach board direct to pocket door frame? - Is that what you mean ? hence no stud required?
-
Ok. My timber frame is all up and I'm looking at a pocket door (I think that's around 75mm thick) ; then of course you have the stud + plasterboard on top of that. It's all a bit tight - I'm trying to fit the pocket door in an ensuite and obviously eat into the ensuites width. My question is can I just use 'chunkier' timber but set it the wrong way round? i.e. so it reduces the width? Or indeed any other suggestion that allows me to build the thinest possible wall (not load bearing) . The wall will just be tiled and is predominantly inside a shower enclosure. I assume there's something out there for exactly this problem. Cheers
