Jump to content

Pocster

Members
  • Posts

    14433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by Pocster

  1. Yes I blame all of that !
  2. Not sure what you mean ? . Apparently double or triple fits in the same frame so is just a swap . Hard work some of these companies.
  3. You lot jinxed it ! 4 are double not triple ffs ! .Ho hum ! . I guess they’ll be back in 12 weeks to swap them !!! Nearly there !!
  4. Oh the doubters ! Everything in bar a few minor things like so rubber end stops and some pressings . Hmmmmmmmmmm , some of the glazing appears to be double rather than triple .....
  5. So do I actually cement the tray to the wbp / marine ply ? . Will cement stick to that ? . I’ve always thought ( and seen ) trays bedded with plaster ( not sure why ) ....
  6. I was worried about building up my level with timber for the shower tray . I know it shouldn’t get wet but even dry timber can compress . Was going to cement in solid concrete blocks and then maybe screw marine ply - you said WBP ; what’s that ?? ?
  7. @Temp you’re not Temp you are permanent!!! ?
  8. ? or £50 for 16k RAM . It won’t take that long for batteries of this type to be a no brainier. I plan to buy one for sure .
  9. You then pick it out the filter ?
  10. Freebies ! . My delivery mung chucks them in a bin , hedge , just leaves on path , doesn’t Attempt delivery !
  11. Glad I’ve not got a dodgy basement ?
  12. The rest of the glazing ? arrives tomorrow. So in theory all done apart from front door . Photos to follow
  13. So ! If I build up my level in that hole and fit a tray I’ll never be able to access the trap from underneath as beam & block floor . This an issue ? . Or is it only an issue when it’s a problem !! ????
  14. Yep . Followed the ‘this way up’ arrow . Only 1 pull hole . It looks like the cable has somehow been ‘crushed’ when placed on the reel . When it jams - a usually gentle tug pulls it out . The force I use couldn’t cause that kind of damage . As I said I tried their stranded roll - no issues . So assume not me being very very very thick !
  15. Doesn’t say so
  16. Lol. I remember with my hep2o pipe - I thought 200m would be enough. Ended up 600m I *think* 300m will be enough for the solid core on 1 floor
  17. Nah it's round .Just how the photo makes it look. Here's another picture
  18. Quickly went on eBay cat5e utp solid 24awg 305m £59.99
  19. Excel solid core cable ordered! - thanks guys! ?
  20. Only 1 hole - so I got that right !
  21. Supplier accepts its faulty . Wants me to post back the 300m roll - postage will be ridiculous- but they said they would cover cost of that . So I pulled out 30m from the stranded box - same supplier but different brand no issues . I think after this experience I will pull the length I need off the roll then install ; will cause more wastage - but I don’t trust any rolled cable now ! As I’m back in the market for solid core cat6 any recommendations??
  22. Supplier seems surprised and wants more photos . So expecting a refund . Bought a reel of stranded from them also - will pull out 20 metres from the roll and look at that .
  23. Yeah that’s what I’m doing . Side of box and unrolls ( until it kinks ) roughly every 5 or 6 metres .
  24. What should I do ? . Break the box open and unwind manually ???
  25. So ; I’ve got some solid core cat6 cable . As it comes off the boxed reel it seems to ‘snag’ inside and I get this in the cable . Is this nothing to worry about ? I.e cable unlikely to be damaged ? Plan to get a few through then wire them up to test .....
×
×
  • Create New...