Jump to content

Pocster

Members
  • Posts

    14433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by Pocster

  1. Exactly what my electrician said . So ; I’m doing it correctly but terminology might be wrong ! ??
  2. You could fit z wave sockets to each room . You can then turn on/off remotely and also get consumption use ...
  3. Exactly what I’m having One radial socket ring per room and one ‘lighting’ ring . Makes isolation and fault finding easier . Bit more work , bit more cable but worth it
  4. Just checked their faq - dimmable !
  5. The lumi stuff looks good . Incorporating a light and fire sensor in one is neat ! . Just need to check they are dimmable ...
  6. Welcome ! . Enjoy all the info here !!
  7. Not really possible yet unless you use your phone and beacons to identify exactly where someone is in a building . Not worth the effort yet in my opinion
  8. Already installed a good deal of that cat cable to each room for multi sensor . Built in wardrobes have a double socket in them and 4 extra Ethernet ports . Most stuff poe - to make life easier Stereo combined speakers in each room - pulse audio rc6 ‘s I think ufh controller by solenoids linked to HA raspberry pi per speaker Water ; a pipe per outlet . Electric a ‘ring’ per room
  9. I don’t mind a slight protrusion- as also assume they have to ; but some are well chunky !
  10. Nope ; will get flush ( ish ) plates
  11. Noooooooo ! Looks crap
  12. ouch ! . Ridiculous cost !
  13. https://www.fixfire.co.uk/products/optix-flush-fire-detectors
  14. Hmmmm , maybe a z wave one ..
  15. You would of thought some manufacturer would of seen the niche in the market by now . Currently staying at centre Parcs - look at this bloody ‘knob’ ceiling protrusion!!
  16. Yeah I can’t find any flush or near flush ones ...
  17. Ok ! https://www.safelincs.co.uk/lumi-plugin-standard-downlight-smoke-alarm/ ouch on the price though !
  18. Got to have mains powered interlinked battery back up ones installed . Problem I find is they all look rather like a “ smoke alarm “ - kind of destroys the clean contemporary look . Cant seem to find any slimline ones or even better recessed ones . Anyone else had any luck ?
  19. If you require a spinny laser buy the cheap Chinese stuff off eBay . I had no issues ! if you require a really nice vertical and horizontal line level laser I recommend the dewalt . It was hard to justify the cost so I got a 2nd hand one off eBAy - now , I don’t know how I managed without it !!
  20. Where’s that F off emoji ....
  21. Ffs ! It better be rubbish after all my trials . Don’t think I’ll be allowed to my site tomorrow to test it !
  22. Looking online at the blurb it claims there is a "stud finder" in the kit. Now as I am THE expert on this subject I'm rather concerned if THIS thing is it.....
  23. I wish there was an emoji for F OFF! ??
  24. So ! As I’m an electrician ( ?? ) decided to buy a nice Makita set of electrical tools . But I can’t figure out what this blue thing is - thought it was some kind of pendulum level ; but I don’t think so ...
  25. Chris Rhea isn’t it ???
×
×
  • Create New...