Jump to content

Onoff

Members
  • Posts

    21173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    206

Everything posted by Onoff

  1. Mine went down 4' and hit the flint bed, so did the second and third rods. I just linked them all up. Saying that, the 2nd rod I changed to a bfo coppper earth plate just for fun and to see if I could better my readings.
  2. Onoff

    Bulb confusion

    I now identify as a donkey. My pronouns are he and haw.
  3. Onoff

    Bulb confusion

    What about bubble wrap for the ribbed experience?
  4. Onoff

    Bulb confusion

    As "in" Richard Hammond? 😬
  5. Can't you redo the whole lot in solvent weld?
  6. I've just bought a plasma cutter. Just saying.
  7. Press the play button and you'll see it's not! Tbh the video was taken with a temporary supply. I'm only just getting the permanent supply sorted. Even that's "temporary"..."for now"..."my for now"...
  8. DIY here:
  9. I'd go with a switch like this for a start: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CGM125CS.html?
  10. Flange
  11. Found some black rubber sheathed in one of the original walls here (<1930s). Not connected to anything but like new. There must have been some sort of preservative used in the bricks and mortar back then! I remember bundles of lead wiring in my first house (built in 1865). Still had the gas mantles on the wall. Was obviously electrified sometime after 1965. Then pulling the stuff out of the walls from the lime plaster and loads of it falling off!
  12. Polythene inslated cable with a pvc sheath to BS1557. So 3-cores, red, white & blue, no earth, Imperial 3/0.29 I think, 3 tinned strands per core equates to about 1.5mm2. It was like new. Found in a time warp, unfinished outbuilding of an elderly neighbour. BS1557 was withdrawn in 1954!
  13. Nah, we should get all patriotic & go back to red, white and blue:
  14. I just tidied the 3-core swa feeding my garage. In reality it's "3-phase" cable. For single phase use, brown stayed brown, sleeved the grey with blue and the black with green and yellow. Tbh it's pretty easy to get cable with "proper" colours. Search "single phase armoured cable". CableColoursLeaflet.pdf
  15. Another Quinetic switch failure here. One half of a two gang switch thus meaning the whole switch has to be replaced. I'm thinking that tbh they're like LED lights, a con.
  16. Please! Midwich Cuckoos!
  17. Well not all of it was visible...
  18. Some lopped off telegraph poles with reflectors screwed on?
  19. I can think of one...
  20. Wrap some 110mm pipe in tin foil and it'll look like stainless steel!
  21. I'd infill / tidy up the blockwork joints so they're flush with the blocks. Be easier to tank on a smooth 'ish surface.
  22. Onoff

    Gate Pillars

    Did that one 3 years ago this month. Took me days!
  23. Onoff

    Gate Pillars

    Got to repeat this the opposite of the garage now! That killed two SDS drills, a couple of 1m bits and nigh on me!
  24. Onoff

    Gate Pillars

    Like toilet paper!
×
×
  • Create New...