Jump to content

Onoff

Members
  • Posts

    21173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    206

Everything posted by Onoff

  1. I think Flexi Tap Tales would have been a better thread title.
  2. The 100mA RCD at the house end, feeding the swa to the garden room needs to be time delayed to allow for selectivity. I've done this on a TT system but also incorporated a switched fused for overcurrent protection. I took one of these: https://www.internet-electrical.co.uk/switchgear/switchfuses/lewden-single-phase-switchfuse/lewden-fs6380100-white-metal-single-phase-switch-fuse-with-63a-80a-100a-fuses-for-domestic-installations-ip40-100a?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI59qb_Lq5hAMVuJlQBh0q-wetEAQYASABEgKcr_D_BwE The swapped out the DP isolator for one of these: https://www.ledbulbs.co.uk/products/lewden-100a-100ma-2p-2-module-rccb-100-100-2sa?variant=39691026628666&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2IPbuLu5hAMVl5tQBh2QSgQOEAQYAiABEgJUV_D_BwE The SWA goes from their to the new consumer unit in the outbuilding.
  3. I may go just to depress myself watching the monied elite.
  4. Measure the OD of the pipe with a Vernier and report back.
  5. Should do. Maybe use flexible plaster filler that comes in a tube instead of Easifill.
  6. A proper bodger just cuts the foam level and paints it: Wallpaper over the foam if you want to do it properly... 😉
  7. Can't see what's wrong with foam! 😉
  8. Finger plates!
  9. Sikaflex EBT I've used.
  10. You might be better with a Forstner drill.
  11. I've successfully stuck eps to brick and concrete with Soudal Low Expansion Foam.
  12. Didn't @Jeremy Harris stick black upvc fascia on with Soudal Low Expansion foam?
  13. Same here. Left the CT1 for I think 36hrs until putting any weight on it". My tiling doesn't look too bad from this angle...
  14. Not sure what you mean. This worked for me:
  15. Unnecessary imo. I did mind line the Geberit wall hung frame with acoustic pads. Can't hear anything going down the soil pipe.
  16. When I was at college there was a box full of 'em. You took a pair for working pvc conduit.
  17. Make sure you rub them up and and down well with something like old nylon knickers (seriously). Makes it easier to bend.
  18. It works perfectly. Never missed a beat. As to the exact fall I'll have to have a dig through pics and sketches etc.
  19. Surely the fact I've haven't even the gumption to join automatically qualifies me?
  20. Insert words as required for any building discipline I undertake.
  21. If you were a proper tiler you'd know they were called "rips". Anyway, it was poor planning not poor measuring! What a fiddly, pita they are to do as well!
  22. What windows did you have there before, single, double glazed? Have these new windows got trickle vents? Any sign of insulation, expanding foam, (Compriband, even less likely) having been applied around the windows? Can you see daylight through the gaps between frame and walls etc?
×
×
  • Create New...