Jump to content

MikeSharp01

Members
  • Posts

    5693
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    16

Everything posted by MikeSharp01

  1. In these troubled and emotional times I wonder that you can cope on only one joint a night - me I need 2 whiskys these days, joints I don't do.
  2. Hope pic helps
  3. Not sure if this is mentioned but it has raced to so00000 long that I am not sure I have the -.... anyway. My solution would be cut a 25mm length of the black pipe, create a cut in the ring (piston ring style) clean up the surfaces with care and spring it over the offending section align the cut with a good bit of the join. Put the solvent cement 25mm along and around the pipe and around the whole face of the female joint that is the problem. Slide the ring up to the face and push hard while the solvent does its work, that should seal it.
  4. Nope but just imagine how polished the planning for when it all kicks off again will be.
  5. we need that team building hospitals.
  6. 11 weeks - that is amazing.
  7. +1 to that. Wearing a mask & gloves when unloading / meeting delivery drivers and not touching any of it for 3 days to be sure that our mutual friends have had plenty of time to denature.
  8. Yes it is the old DHW (Domestic Hot Water) conundrum all over again in that once you choose how to heat and / or store heat for your DHW the ASHP either comes into or goes out of focus. We started with a plan to have a gas boiler, ran all the gas pipe under the slab and up into the plant room - the idea was to use the boiler would run the UFH but in the end, what with gas becoming something of a negative thing with global warming, we have chosen to go for sunamp (or similar) for DHW and the ASP for UFH. Cost is a little higher but we won't need any hot storage, which in our house with 400mm insulation, will be a problem and we can disconnect the gas completely.
  9. Looks good. Have you energy planned it yet as the walls look a bit thin for a very high level of insulation unless you are using Ph / Pu I suppose also have you gone for UFH and ASHP?
  10. Looks amazing, couple of observations since you asked! Why did they choose to crank the three blocks at different angles and looking at it the main block does not look square? It will add to cost as the roof cuts, foundation layout, wall construction, big corner window will all be 'interesting" to say the least. Great start though.
  11. Ours are still up and running - Think the letter is more an offer than a threat but the implications are clear enough and for you a major problem if you cannot get back to watertight in a timely fashion
  12. yeah I need a new head as well, this one look awful in the mirror in the morning.
  13. Some if it was a bit too bling for me, but I admired their sticking to it.
  14. Well on the world of classical economics the supply / demand curve should work - as this coronavirus is attacking both demand side amd supply side you might think the effect would be balance.
  15. Is the current house semi detached - looks like from the pic or have I missed something?
  16. The SE might have specified a post cap detail probably a steel plat to spread the load if RSJ narrower than top of stud, I think there are commercial alternatives but we are using wooden beams across our posts so not up on them.
  17. Just remember Dave it would still be your fault even if you hadn't mentioned it - happens to me all the time.
  18. Yes but contemplating lechery while drunk won't alter the basic equation EG what is worn under the kilt?
  19. Here it is, actually it is a very interesting Engineering problem, but the principles are clear enough - nothing like as artistic as yours though.
  20. Sorry I though it was the diameter circumscribed by the hem of the kilt when spinning just before a radians / second rate is reached that would allow an average height person standing at a swooning distance, normally considered 2m, to confirm just what it actually worn under the kilt. I could draw A diagram...
  21. Maybe it can predict the future - given that the way things are anything can happen in the next half hour!
  22. More MCS installers are now offering a check and certify service which brings the MSC cert with it when they test your own install.
  23. I dimly recall discussing this previously - seems daft that you cannot always use your PV in case of a power cut and charge your battery again. I guess it could be solved with some clever switch gear on the DC side and an alternate inverter just feeding the batteries although they also need inverter services to run the appliances.
  24. Welcome to THE forum for self builders and like minded people including the grey and the bald!
×
×
  • Create New...