Do self builders close for Xmas

jpinthehouse

I will take "the day" off from working on the house.  But I might keep an eye on BH from time to time.

Usually go for an epic walk somewhere on boxing day if it is dry.  Looks like it will be dry but cold.

When you are living in your part finished new build it is hard not to just do a bit every now and then.

5 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

Handcuffs and zip-ties.

Information overload Ian, hope you enjoy it?. I am just finishing the porch floor ready for Christmas but then again we are in and comfy, just don’t look out the window.

BE31CAD3-A4B2-4FA2-82BA-F0D7A1AB676F.jpeg

• Like 1

Time off is a dangerous thing....eating breakfast sitting in the sun streaming in through the windows this morning, counting our blessings and not the hole in the savings account, idly musing on the jobs still to complete to finish off here when up popped an e-mail ....it was for a barn to convert with fantastic views over fields and out to sea.  It was in one of my all time favourite places in Wales too.......before we knew it we had pencil and paper out doing the sums!  

Get thee behind me I have to recover from the last 2 years here first!!!

• Like 3

It is very easy, when  living i n a part built house, to just grind to a halt, accept it as it is and not make much progress towards getting it finished.  That is a constant issue for us as the next thing we really really need to do is doors, but I am not sure we can actually afford them yet, let alone a joiner to fit them.  So I carry on doing stuff that needs doing that is cheap instead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, joe90 said:

Information overload Ian, hope you enjoy it?. I am just finishing the porch floor ready for Christmas but then again we are in and comfy, just don’t look out the window.

BE31CAD3-A4B2-4FA2-82BA-F0D7A1AB676F.jpeg

My wife describe our garden as looking like Steptoe and son 

7 hours ago, lizzie said:

Time off is a dangerous thing....eating breakfast sitting in the sun streaming in through the windows this morning, counting our blessings and not the hole in the savings account, idly musing on the jobs still to complete to finish off here when up popped an e-mail ....it was for a barn to convert with fantastic views over fields and out to sea.  It was in one of my all time favourite places in Wales too.......before we knew it we had pencil and paper out doing the sums!  

Get thee behind me I have to recover from the last 2 years here first!!!

Details please!  sounds interesting.....?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheMitchells said:

Details please!  sounds interesting.....?

Its near Tenby 275k but it is a vast building for a single dwelling over 1300sqm would cost a fortune to convert.  Think the agents were Birt in Tenby.  When I read it intially I thought the plot was 1300sq m not the building LOL

Frankly after two and a half years of building I am tired of 7 days a week plodding on with the same thing day after day (but overall I am very pleased). Went to a neighbours party tonight and was introduced as “the chap that built that wonderful brick house “ which was really nice to hear. I am looking forward to doing work in my workshop on my classic car and tractor, mechanics rather than building. Spring will see me landscaping and gardening which I look forward too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

Same property but details I was sent was for OP for a single detached residence....cant find my mail now as deleted.  Still make 2 big houses!

Edited by lizzie

8 minutes ago, newhome said:

1300 m2! ? Imagine the hell to be had converting a space of that size! It would cost a fortune! 

Exactly! Im sure the email I got said planning for 1 but it makes more sense for 2 so may have been a typo, either way its vast!! Nice views though.