My self-build DIY plumbing

Thorfun

16 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

My sentiment too... 

maybe it's just for plumbing stuff then. for my Siberian larch timber cladding they couldn't be beaten on price and that was even without me negotiating! beat the usual cladding suspects like Silva hands down.

39 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

maybe it's just for plumbing stuff then. for my Siberian larch timber cladding they couldn't be beaten on price and that was even without me negotiating! beat the usual cladding suspects like Silva hands down.

Oi - lots of talk but no photos of messy pipework !

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Oi - lots of talk but no photos of messy pipework !

when I've started you'll get your photos don't you worry. gotta place the order for materials first! will probably end up starting on Monday.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

I guess I'll stick with Floplast from Screwfix then. no one has said don't use Floplast so I guess it's all much the same stuff.

I used Floplast for all my drainage. I also had an account with Jewsons for the build and they gave me a complete list of everything they sold with the discounted price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

@Thorfun 

you doing a manifold ? With each run a seperate feed ? . Jointless ? ( messier but ‘safer ‘ ) 

that's the plan, but going to do the waste/soil pipe first and then I can run the hep2o around that to make sure it all fits in my service voids. 

one step at a time

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

one step at a time

Nah . All steps at once . Some days plumbing , some days electrics , some days IT .

Mix it up - same thing week after week gets boring . Also it makes your site look a right mess so people think you are busy !!

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

110mm bits ordered from SF, free before midday next day delivery! quality. 🙂

maybe I can get started tomorrow after all 

Yeah start on a Friday ! Always a good plan - then when you’re (expletive deleted)ed off with it you can 🍷 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joe90 said:

When I lived in Shropshire doing up an old cottage I used a local Jewsons and got to know them well, I rubbed it in that I was single, living in a caravan struggling to do and afford the work, they invited me to an open evening when all the reps would be there. I was also told to arrive late with a complete list of my requirements, the reps would be the worse for free wine and booze and guess what I got loads of stuff ordered at cost price or less 👍

So, another evening grooming men then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2