How to cut this clay soil pipe?

Hilldes

I need to cut into this pipe - basically need to add a coupler from clay to 110m plastic then a 45 bend as it will follow a different route. 

As you can see from the pic the clay soil pipe is in close proximity to other services so no room to swing a Stihl saw around its perimeter. Any ideas please?IMG_2083.jpg.30712fc066a2262f5a3a273206852823.jpg

Edited by Hilldes
Pressed enter too early

Many thanks all, will look at what discs I have for my 4" angle grinder. I have a diamond blade for my 9" grinder but its not continuous. The 4" will be a bit more agile in the confined space. Like the idea of a letter box cut @TonyT - I can kind of picture what it is, but when googling it, all the results I get are all how to fit a letter box.

@SteamyTea

16 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

The only other tools you need are a hammer and a screwdriver.

Would these be used to chip away sections to complete the cut where the grinder won't access? Hoefully not to remove stubborn solids from inside the pipe ?.

I need to be quick as we'll be without toilet facilities on site until I connect up the new house pipes to this clay pipe. 

Letter box cut- cut down the pipe as far as you can go, then cut a rectangular letterbox in the ‘waste’ pipe side of the pipe, the rectangular opening now lets you get the grinder in further to the pipe, if required cut another letterbox out.

On 08/11/2021 at 13:25, Hilldes said:

I need to cut into this pipe - basically need to add a coupler from clay to 110m plastic then a 45 bend as it will follow a different route. 

As you can see from the pic the clay soil pipe is in close proximity to other services so no room to swing a Stihl saw around its perimeter. Any ideas please?IMG_2083.jpg.30712fc066a2262f5a3a273206852823.jpg

4-1/2" grinder, cut the top, break out the section that will be going, then grinder body will go into pipe and you can cut base and remainder of the sides. 

4 minute job.

On 09/11/2021 at 16:47, Carrerahill said:

4 minute job.

That was the longest 4 minutes of my life ?.

Job done though, new house now connected to existing clay soil pipe going into road. Used 9" grinder with a diamond blade (but one with gaps in not continuous), cutted fine, needed to make a number of letterbox cuts in order to get the grinder right through the pipe. Used a cold chisel to break out to corners of the letter box cut. There was a plastic pipe inside the clay - used a multitool to complete the cuts into the corners of that. 

IMG_2126.jpg.0451c7127916b49f64865aabf746149c.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg.ca735b7a32535ffab31857af5758ee4b.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg.753b71c744653ee7a5acebdcba58d4a9.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg.629f85c1bafe1a5a8710ac555243b030.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg.57c899e8b348e027c925979f66f1452c.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Is that a fibreglass liner inside the clay pipe?  Maybe a repair?

I felt like 110mm plastic pipe - as in that thickness. Not sure why there would have been a repair to the clay pipe - looked sound. Will take a look at the offcuts tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

I would say that's a clay pipe that's been relined in the past with one of those inflatable linings that sets in place.

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Well done.  I would want an inspection chamber or at least a rodding point very close to that junction.

There is a man hole about 2m away that sits between the junction shown and the road. Upstream there are inspection chambers on the pipe runs either side of the new house. I’ll see what the BCO says though as on the approved plans I drew a straight line into the existing man hole.

14 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

It has been internally sleeved at some point. 

Possibly quite good news for OP as it means his soil pipe is probably in pretty good working condition and will be for some time.