Saniflo dumbness

Pocster

Hmmm perhaps I’m not meant to cut it off !

Goes in the pipe like this ? ( but you cut it to fit ? )

C3CB2C64-3C15-4A0D-8086-1186A8DCC164.thumb.jpeg.b0a448b4ce60d1d980c0ff5bf953631e.jpeg

Even if that’s correct it’s a crap fitting with just one clip on it ! . I don’t like this fitting . Something better I could use ??

( notice swept floor !! ) 

Edited by pocster

Can I see a picture of the 32mm pipe trying to fit into what is left of the fitting after cutting the bit off?

The bit that has been cut off would have been for a smaller pipe, which is why you cut it off if using 32mm, so of course the cut off bit won't fit onto a 32mm pipe.

• Like 1

Managed to get a 32mm pipe in

Still not happy though . Once that pumps it’s basically 1 jubilee clip holding it all in . My experience with jubilee clips is they can loosen over time especially in this situation with pump pressure . Is there nothing more robust I can use ??

52294528-D8A2-47F7-A563-2B53E9E9365C.jpeg

Could you replace the bend with solvent weld parts? eg just leaving one clip where it enters the unit?

Edit: The rubber joints might be for noise reduction.

Edited by Temp

14 minutes ago, Temp said:

Could you replace the bend with solvent weld parts? eg just leaving one clip where it enters the unit?

Edit: The rubber joints might be for noise reduction.

That’s what I’d like to do . But not sure what fitting I need to go from the unit to solid weld pipe . 

In laws had one of these sh*t munchers (incorrectly) installed installed a few years ago. The plumbers ran the waste pipe up into the attic then along before dropping back down the other side of the house. The pipe came adrift halfway up, inside an internal wall. The mess was epic.

• Haha 1

Ok. As for the moment I'm just doing grey water I'll be ok. (in theory! )

BUT! SWMBO still wants a downstairs ( underground ) WC!

So! What's the highest waste outlet I can have on the WC?. What's the lowest WC inlet on a macerator?

I reckon with a bit of luck I might need to run just 3metres of poo pipe from WC to macerator . So assuming the 18mm drop per meter I "only" need 54mm difference from WC outlet to macerator inlet?

This right or just wishful thinking???

Where's Uncle (expletive deleted)ing @Nickfromwales when you need him!

Edited by pocster

SWMBO has offered a compromise ( at least that's the wording she used )

No one will poo in this toilet!

Can you imagine that?. Big sign on the wall "Don't poo in this toilet". All the grand kids come over and deliberately shit in it. Then probably take my sign and flush that aswell.

Sigh!. I am doomed.

So 2 macerators in the finished kitchen. One for grey water and one solely for the WC with only wee in it ( yeah right! ).

Edited by pocster

13 minutes ago, PeterW said:

A WC macerator can only be 600mm or so from the pan itself ... 

And how will the macerator know (and therefore behave differently) if there were a 3M long soil pipe (laid to the correct fall) between the pan and the macerator?

Just spoke to Saniflo

The sanicube 1 will do what I want!. Though it's around 800 quid and is half a metre square holding tank ??

I did ask if a macerator at the WC went into  another macerator 3m away was a dumb idea.

HE SAID NO!. It's doable. Though if macerator 2 fails ( not the WC one ) you will have a problem. Though you can get some alarm type system ( I'd integrate that into the HA and have all the speakers shout " (expletive deleted) ALERT, (expletive deleted) ALERT , POO EVERYWHERE "

Edited by pocster

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

And how will the macerator know (and therefore behave differently) if there were a 3M long soil pipe (laid to the correct fall) between the pan and the macerator?

Don't know @ProDave , I was just talking shite 

Edited by pocster

6 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The flow rate would be lower - these things trigger based on the amount in the tank. And the MIs are pretty clear ...! 

55 minutes ago, pocster said:

So! What's the highest waste outlet I can have on the WC?. What's the lowest WC inlet on a macerator?

You could fit a geberit wall mounted WC/Frame and adjust the feet so its a bit on the high side. The outlet pipe from those has a 90 degree bend which can be turned "horizontally". 

There is a table of outlet height vs seat height in some of the installation manuals (this one from the USA)..

https://www.geberitnorthamerica.com/local-media/instructions/968-075-00-0-sigma2x4-install.pdf

image.png.94bbc6343e07280951c1fffbfe921ef9.png image.png.494884a5285dbfa8f6334bf9af591dab.png

Edited by Temp
  • Thanks 1