Saniflo dumbness

Pocster

Just now, pocster said:

But how does that help Uncle Nick ? Soil pipe is 3m away horizontally and 3m vertically...

I am still failing to understand why you cannot do the 3M up straight from the macerator and then the 3m horizontal laid to a fall into the stack?

you seem to have hit a block because ou want to do the horizontal bit first?

Love the translation of some of the reviews of the thing @Nickfromwales linked to, such as:

"the previous model was much better. This does not properly evacuate the faeces because the water flow is insufficient. You have to do it twice. On the other hand the command button is hard. Finally, the shape of the outlet has a circular relief like a collar. In short, Disappointing for the price."
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I am still failing to understand why you cannot do the 3M up straight from the macerator and then the 3m horizontal laid to a fall into the stack?

I can go straight up 2.5m . But I have to then run horizontally 3m . At that point I am *below* my soil pipe by around 60cm

Not sure what @Nickfromwales is suggesting with his link . As the consensus is macerator output has to be near wc . Yet at that point I’m still not high enough to get to soil pipe ...

20 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Got my architect to knock up a professional drawing showing the issue 

59BD2F4E-CD02-4FEB-A980-14B012F9132F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

I can go straight up 2.5m . But I have to then run horizontally 3m . At that point I am *below* my soil pipe by around 60cm

Not sure what @Nickfromwales is suggesting with his link . As the consensus is macerator output has to be near wc . Yet at that point I’m still not high enough to get to soil pipe ...

What is the constraint?  Under a stairwell or something?

re locate the WC to a place you can do all the UP from?

EDIT: just seen the drawing.  Move the WC to the right so it is under the full headroom bit?

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

What is the constraint?  Under a stairwell or something?

re locate the WC to a place you can do all the UP from?

EDIT: just seen the drawing.  Move the WC to the right so it is under the full headroom bit?

Sorry new diagram - more accurate !!

455D3E46-91E8-4049-8228-533A41A7C426.jpeg

2 hours ago, pocster said:

That WC is a turdmunchingallinone. If you can get a pipe to waste then just got that and a small bore discharge ( 22mm copper )?

2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:
Love the translation of some of the reviews of the thing @Nickfromwales linked to, such as:

"the previous model was much better. This does not properly evacuate the faeces because the water flow is insufficient. You have to do it twice. On the other hand the command button is hard. Finally, the shape of the outlet has a circular relief like a collar. In short, Disappointing for the price."

They put it far more eloquently than anything I’d have said about fitting one of these sacks of shit.  

11 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

That WC is a turdmunchingallinone. If you can get a pipe to waste then just got that and a small bore discharge ( 22mm copper )?

Hello Uncle Nick . But what about the 3m run horizontal then 3m up OR 2.5m up then horizontal for 3m then a 'nudge' up

I thought these were the issues i.e. can't go vertical then horizontal into the soil. Reducing the bore to 22mm doesn't that put more 'strain' on the pump?

Edited by pocster
Uncle Nick and Mummy x

Okay an off the cuff suggestion:

Do the outflow from the turd chopper in say 32mm mdpe, in one long sweep starting upwards up the wall (in the perhaps over generous service void) and then arcing right to avoid the restricted headroom bit?

No sharp bends just a gentle sweep all the way?  Would it work?

2 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Okay an off the cuff suggestion:

Do the outflow from the turd chopper in say 32mm mdpe, in one long sweep starting upwards up the wall (in the perhaps over generous service void) and then arcing right to avoid the restricted headroom bit?

No sharp bends just a gentle sweep all the way?  Would it work?

You asking me @ProDave ( I assume not ? )?