Saniflo dumbness

Pocster

Think SWMBO now accepts sewage pumping is largely impossible in this situation. So the washing machine will go where the WC would of gone ?

Assume for grey water appliances distance from the actual saniflo unit is not an issue ( i.e. washer will be around 3m away ).

One less job for me now!

2 hours ago, pocster said:

But jubilee clips worry me.

Why? Have you actually had one work loose before, or is it just a fear it could happen?

They work on cars no problem... stay put for years, even with engine vibration, heat cycling, internal pressure etc.

2 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Why? Have you actually had one work loose before, or is it just a fear it could happen?

They work on cars no problem... stay put for years, even with engine vibration, heat cycling, internal pressure etc.

Yes. On my pumps for drainage from the dungeon......... Went there oneday ; water spraying everywhere ... jubilee clip had failed....

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yes. On my pumps for drainage from the dungeon......... Went there oneday ; water spraying everywhere ... jubilee clip had failed....

Hmmm... unusual. I’ve only seen them fail if they have been incorrectly fitted or over tightened. 

But I can understand your dislike of them if you have experienced an accidental waterpark ? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gav_P said:

Hmmm... unusual. I’ve only seen them fail if they have been incorrectly fitted or over tightened. 

But I can understand your dislike of them if you have experienced an accidental waterpark ? 

Are you saying I balls'ed it up?

Because that might be correct!

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

Are you saying I balls'ed it up?

Because that might be correct!

Of course not,  I would never suggest that! ?

You could replace the normal worm gear style with a T-bolt style. 

2 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Yeah, that kind of thing... you have to try really bloody hard to strip the thread on those, unlike the normal ones that can be over tightened quite easily. 

Ok !

I’ll get some . Then when/if it blows I can call you a (expletive deleted) 

I don't think so. From memory, that pipe will be full of water. It won't pump air up behind it to empty the pipe. The pipe won't start to empty till it starts running downhill. Turn the tap on again, and i'm sure it will kick in. That vertical pipe will always be full of water.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

I don't think so. From memory, that pipe will be full of water. It won't pump air up behind it to empty the pipe. The pipe won't start to empty till it starts running downhill. Turn the tap on again, and i'm sure it will kick in. That vertical pipe will always be full of water.

You are right!

I stuck my phone over the drain on record then ran downstairs and ran the tap ! Works like a treat !

I guess I was expecting it to be like a ? macerator I.e run on for 4 or 5 seconds . 
It’s surprisingly quiet . 
My final question is can I run a washer outlet and dishwasher outlet into the same pipe before going into the macerator or should they each use a seperate macerator inlet ?

1 minute ago, pocster said:

You are right!

I stuck my phone over the drain on record then ran downstairs and ran the tap ! Works like a treat !

I guess I was expecting it to be like a ? macerator I.e run on for 4 or 5 seconds . 
It’s surprisingly quiet . 
My final question is can I run a washer outlet and dishwasher outlet into the same pipe before going into the macerator or should they each use a seperate macerator inlet ?

You can run multiple outlets into the same unit fella. I sure that there is the potential for the pump to reach capicity, but with a couple more items only it will be fine fella.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pocster said:

SWMBO has offered a compromise ( at least that's the wording she used )

No one will poo in this toilet!

Can you imagine that?. Big sign on the wall "Don't poo in this toilet". All the grand kids come over and deliberately shit in it. Then probably take my sign and flush that aswell.

Sigh!. I am doomed.

So 2 macerators in the finished kitchen. One for grey water and one solely for the WC with only wee in it ( yeah right! ).

The solution to your problem:

You want a "toilet" that will never be used for a No 2, and can be connected via a long horizontal pipe with a slight fall, a but like connecting  a sink.

Answer.  Install a Urinal.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Ozzie Osbourne has a Urinal in his gaff. I think they are great. Saves pi$$ing all over the floor.

What’s wrong with (sigh ) wee’ ing on the floor . Robot vac mops it up 

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Can i also just say. Nice bit of solweld Pocster. Much better than some of your previous efforts......(Sorry, coul'd resist)

Setting up my own plumbing firm “ Pocsters Plumbing “ or slogan is “ we will gladly plug your holes “

• Haha 1