rate my ladder modification

I want to put insulation between the rafters, but first I have to install a damp proof membrane, which I intend to staple between the rafters. I'm not sure I trust the purlins to take the weight, besides laying the ladder against them would get in the way of the work. A modification I may make to to cut a piece out of the ends so that it cannot slip sideways on the rafters.

Edited by Dave_Watts

Just now, Moonshine said:

agree, i wouldn't want to be waving bits of insulation around while up a ladder, holding the insulation and fixing in place is a two hand job, get a tower.

Yeah, your probably right. It would be better, but assembling/disassembling those is a 2 person job.

1 minute ago, Dave_Watts said:

Yeah, your probably right. It would be better, but assembling/disassembling those is a 2 person job

If you are going to put up with going up and down ladder with every bit of insulation and trying to string  a vpc on your own --then i don,t see building the tower on your own is a big thing 

the time taken to do this will cut the job time by 50% or more 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

If you are going to put up with going up and down ladder with every bit of insulation and trying to string  a vpc on your own --then i don,t see building the tower on your own is a big thing 

the time taken to do this will cut the job time by 50% or more 

OK, I'll go with the tower route. It is more sensible.

• Like 2