rate my ladder modification

1 hour ago, Dave_Watts said:

but would you trust it?

No.

What are you trying to do?

Could you not rest it against the rafters (90 degress from what it is now) and lash the ladder round the rafters, though i don't know what the angle of the rafters are.

I want to put insulation between the rafters, but first I have to install a damp proof membrane, which I intend to staple between the rafters. I'm not sure I trust the purlins to take the weight, besides laying the ladder against them would get in the way of the work. A modification I may make to to cut a piece out of the ends so that it cannot slip sideways on the rafters.

Edited by Dave_Watts

Just now, Moonshine said:

agree, i wouldn't want to be waving bits of insulation around while up a ladder, holding the insulation and fixing in place is a two hand job, get a tower.

Yeah, your probably right. It would be better, but assembling/disassembling those is a 2 person job.

1 minute ago, Dave_Watts said:

Yeah, your probably right. It would be better, but assembling/disassembling those is a 2 person job

If you are going to put up with going up and down ladder with every bit of insulation and trying to string  a vpc on your own --then i don,t see building the tower on your own is a big thing 

the time taken to do this will cut the job time by 50% or more 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

If you are going to put up with going up and down ladder with every bit of insulation and trying to string  a vpc on your own --then i don,t see building the tower on your own is a big thing 

the time taken to do this will cut the job time by 50% or more 

OK, I'll go with the tower route. It is more sensible.

• Like 2