Tesla going in today !

Pocster

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

Simple things please simple minds .

My building site is now self sufficient! ?

Actually it isn’t.. it’s a fallacy as the grid frequency is driving your inverter phasing so if you hit the main isolator on your grid connection the lights will go out ....

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Actually it isn’t.. it’s a fallacy as the grid frequency is driving your inverter phasing so if you hit the main isolator on your grid connection the lights will go out ....

Oh how we like to spoil the fun !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

The bill will prove if that statement is correct! ?

It certainly will

Also the battery is currently set to charge only off pv . Was 5% this morning ( I set that as the minimum) - currently at 7% . Not a particularly sunny day .

I wonder what could be happening??? ?

I think you guys should *perhaps* google other people’s bills with a combination of pw , EV , pv - surprisingly it does work ..... ffs ! . Jealous (expletive deleted)s - tempted to buy a Tesla car as that will increase the bitching for sure . Though a 50k car is a good investment for sure ( no offence to anyone that has bought one ) .

Once I get a proper accurate bill I’ll post here so we can all pick apart . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

don't give a **** about investment. 0-60 in 3.9s does it for me. ?

Are you planning to get a battery and or PV?

I’ve watched a guys posts on an octopus forum about his EV with PW .

He’s obviously got ocd and is obsessed with getting it charged as cheap as possible . I believe his record is £1.64 for a full charge ; so 250 ish miles ! 

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Are you planning to get a battery and or PV?

both battery and PV. already got quotes for both and I'm just weighing up the size of PV array. do I stick with something around 6kWp or just fill the entire roof and end up with 9.5kWp. 

I'm seriously leaning towards just filling the roof!

(using man-maths) just think of the money I can save by not having the roof tiled. ?

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’ve watched a guys posts on an octopus forum about his EV with PW .

He’s obviously got ocd and is obsessed with getting it charged as cheap as possible . I believe his record is £1.64 for a full charge ; so 250 ish miles ! 

that's seriously impressively cheap motoring and I look forward to being able to utilise my proposed setup to get that sort of MPGe.

• Like 1

I think some gits on here must ‘drive’ a horse and cart ( cheaper than a car ) back to their steam powered shack - coals good to use yeah ?

Only 1 planet Earth . Only took mankind a few hundred years to screw it . Time we all did a bit more than just separate glass from plastic with our recycling .

Green rant over ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

both battery and PV. already got quotes for both and I'm just weighing up the size of PV array. do I stick with something around 6kWp or just fill the entire roof and end up with 9.5kWp. 

I'm seriously leaning towards just filling the roof!

(using man-maths) just think of the money I can save by not having the roof tiled. ?

that's seriously impressively cheap motoring and I look forward to being able to utilise my proposed setup to get that sort of MPGe.

I thought the limit on a domestic roof was 4kw ?? . You got a mega farm ?

Just now, pocster said:

I thought the limit on a domestic roof was 4kw ?? . You got a mega farm ?

ha ha....no, just a new 3-phase connection going in. it was about £20 more expensive to get 3-phase over single-phase. so it made it a bit of a no-brainer really.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

ha ha....no, just a new 3-phase connection going in. it was about £20 more expensive to get 3-phase over single-phase. so it made it a bit of a no-brainer really.

3 phase on a standard domestic house ?

????

2 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

I could get one battery for each phase. ?

With Tesla I think that’s what you could do . But I still don’t get how you were allowed 3 phase on a normal domestic property ?

Even if I wanted it at install it was mega money !!  . 

43 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Tesla PW2 supports battery backup failover during grid outage, and I understand it will adjust the frequency dynamically to lure the PV inverter into increasing/decreasing production according to needs. So it depends how this one was connected up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

With Tesla I think that’s what you could do . But I still don’t get how you were allowed 3 phase on a normal domestic property ?

Not only is it perfectly allowed, but some progressive DNOs are considering making it the default for new connections: https://yourpowerfuture.westernpower.co.uk/have-your-say/superfast-electricity-consultation

(Germany made this decision decades ago)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pocster said:

I asked for 3-phase and single-phase to be priced up as I have one EV already and plan to swap the wife's gas guzzler for another at some point in the future. plus she does a lot of needle work and has overlockers, embroidery machines, sewing machines etc running when working which could eventually be upgraded to larger machines. so when the DNO said the difference was about £20 between the two it was an easy decision to future proof our electricity connection. one of the most expensive parts to our new electricity connection will be the road closure to lay the cable underground. it's only a single track road so the local council charge a sh*t load to close the road. my challenge is to get the electricity company, Openreach and the water company to do the work at the same time so I only have to pay for one road closure. that should be fun.

although, I've not paid or finalised the order yet so I hope it's still available when I finally get around to doing so! but I'm pretty sure no one else around here is putting in a new electricity supply so I'm sure the capacity will still be there in a month or two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joth said:

Not only is it perfectly allowed, but some progressive DNOs are considering making it the default for new connections: https://yourpowerfuture.westernpower.co.uk/have-your-say/superfast-electricity-consultation

(Germany made this decision decades ago)

Now I didn’t know that !

What changes are required to go from single phase to 3 phase ? . I’m guessing complete re wire from street to property??? ?