Extension- Last Stuff.

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

NO, I meant the squirrel catapult, far more important than keeping warm ?????

I was a bit dissapointed with the squirrelapult. I watch too many simpsons i think/ expecting it to get fired waaay over onto nxt door house roof.

47 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Nice stuff that - soft, not too dusty or itchy. 

Good- tbh if Id known only £17 Id have redone the whole lot ideally/ but where & how to dispose of orange sh*te/ and v.wasteful, polar bears etc.

Chaps im about to make my door. Got 20 mm t&g redwood, 25 x 100 whitewood brace timber. Have my other two bedroom doors to copy, approximately. I thought go 20 mm ( other  two bed doors 14 mm t & g) for a bit more cold barrier, this adjacent bedroom being so cold.

Up to now id thought hinges rhs ( door opening into adjacent bedroom, so pic below, it will open twds cam). But with a useful window, to get air in summer, blocked off by the door opening this way, now thinking hinges lhs. This will allow a bit more light in too.

Is there any reason i cant swap sides? Pic to remind..

1BBB8DC8-01A2-4047-ADC9-3A20A6D97500.jpeg

The thing that suddenly becomes apparant, is bc I can't have the usual door-opening-into-the-room (due to builder 1ft down fkn situation continuing to ruin my plans/ meaning the sloped ceiling area in doorway obstructing any door opening-in), & bc the 2 sides to a ledge & brace door are very different, I hadn't thought of the "back side" would have to instead of being in the room, be on the other side. And the usual "front" side as you go to enter a room, be the back side.

So I have a door that looks totally wrong way round. Is there anything I can do?

11 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

The thing that suddenly becomes apparant, is bc I can't have the usual door-opening-into-the-room (due to builder 1ft down fkn situation continuing to ruin my plans/ meaning the sloped ceiling area in doorway obstructing any door opening-in)

download.jpeg

30 minutes ago, pocster said:

Why @Onoff can’t be tidy like me I don’t know !

image.jpg

Looks like a solvent sniffer's squat that.

42 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Every photo you post you have stacks of ‘stuff’ everywhere. No wonder it take you so long to get the job done, you must be constantly moving stuff. 

Not my place, random pic off the web. I do however think of my place as before I do one room, somewhere else needs to be used for"temporary" storage. Always looking for that elusive empty room. Ground floor plan:

41P6wFnS7cL._AC_SY400_.jpg.3ac3c5b168180696229abf41845ed6a6.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

download.jpeg

Onoff this won't work in mine. The door has to open twds camera, out into adjacent bedroom.

I think I might have sussed it tho: please correct me if Im wrong. Ok the "back" of the door I think can go 'as usual' within the room.. if I set the 3x perp braces in from the edge 3/4". So then the "inside face" or the "back" of the door rests on these three frame strips.

Usually its the "front" of a brace & ledge door that rests on these 3 frame strips.

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

This is what I'm thinking is the only way to do it.

Ok the door on the RIGHT in this eg, would be what my brace & ledge door would look like, from the camera pov, with the hinges on the LHS.

So inside the room/ reverse side (to RHS door below).. Id have the correct "back" of the door (with 3x ledges and 2x braces). The only thing different being the handle/thumb/ latch/ opening thing, which might have to be on the wrong room side.. due to the catch section like photo here, needing to be on this side.

Am I I thinking right?

Ledge_Brace_Doors_4.jpg

Edited by zoothorn

3 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

This is what I'm thinking is the only way to do it.

Ok the door on the RIGHT in this eg, would be what my brace & ledge door would look like, from the camera pov, with the hinges on the LHS.

So inside the room/ reverse side (to RHS door below).. Id have the correct "back" of the door (with 3x ledges and 2x braces). The only thing different being the latch, which might have to be on the wrong "back" side.. due to the catch section.

Am I I thinking right?

Ledge_Brace_Doors_4.jpg

This is how I did mine...

7D6D76FF-D8D6-4A1E-8C93-2E3791E7D7FF.jpeg

5BAB4A95-562B-4155-B4CD-06618F3064A0.jpeg

• Like 1

@Gav_P ok I can see similarities, your door's back-side is resting on the frame strips, plus the handle is on the 'back' side too. But is this way 'unusual' or 'wrong'? Its just whether I'm thinking right, or if I've missed something obvious in the method Ive explained.

9 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

@Gav_P ok I can see similarities, your door's back-side is resting on the frame strips, plus the handle is on the 'back' side too. But is this way 'unusual' or 'wrong'? Its just whether I'm thinking right, or if I've missed something obvious in the method Ive explained.

This is the only door I have this way round... because I wanted it opening outwards (it’s a small en-suite). So I see this as the ‘wrong way round’.

My other doors are the more conventional way round... like this...

420BC808-55AA-4E0A-A860-CAA4B49DEDB2.jpeg

4EFDAFB5-67FA-4DFF-9BB2-338CF27A4A30.jpeg