Batten down the hatches.....

It's going to get a bit blowy over the Christmas weekend. Especially over West Scotland.

If you are leaving your building site for the holiday, don't leave anything lying around that can blow away, as it WILL blow away. and make sure your buildings are secure.

Passage Weather plot for Sunday

dec_25_2016.png

Oh lordy. Sunday is looking even worse with the >50 mph winds  Stretching further inland.dec_25_2016.png50mph winds stretching a lot further inland

This is unusual for Passage Weather. Usually when they forecast gales a few days out, as you get close the prediction reduces. Not this time.

Today was definitely a lot windier than their prediction.

You might be lucky - assuming Mr Clause goes over, flying west in the early hours, the slipstream should take the pattern back out into the Atlantic - of course if you don't believe in that sort of stuff - strap yourselves in. Looks like we in the SE will be OK this time but will still batten down those hatches anyway it will be our turn next.

• 3 weeks later...

Been snowing all day here. Life goes on, schools still open, school bus still running.

Tonights B&B guests have a rubbish van. I didn't see what make other than it's big and front wheel drive, and it took 3 of us to push it up the road. Then next door goes out in his van without even a hint of wheel spin. Some vehicles are just rubbish (we found the same with a VW Touran, have I ever mentioned it was the worst car we ever owned)

36 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Been snowing all day here. Life goes on, schools still open, school bus still running.

Tonights B&B guests have a rubbish van. I didn't see what make other than it's big and front wheel drive, and it took 3 of us to push it up the road. Then next door goes out in his van without even a hint of wheel spin. Some vehicles are just rubbish (we found the same with a VW Touran, have I ever mentioned it was the worst car we ever owned)

If it's anything like my brother in law, the weight of FLT spares and tools in the back of a FWD Transit made it impossible to drive if so much as a single snowflake fell. 

Well not impossible but a new clutch is needed...

3 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

Wrong bit of Kent. We had about 1cm last night which has now disappeared.

Abandoned / stuck cars up Rowdow Hill this morning. Pilgrims Way and through Otford on the way to Sevenoaks at 4.15 this morning. Roads gritted but not as good as I'd hoped by any means. Lot of tree branches down due ti weight of snow. Trains OK to London though I missed the first one.

Just spoken to the wife who said it's snowing again there now. Death Hill up from Farningham has loads of abandoned cars & lorries but according to FB they're being moved now.

The snow certainly didn't stop us, hardy over here ? but with gusts of wind in excess of 60mph, understandably the crane company didn't want to chance it, rescheduled for next Friday, fingers crossed for a calm day!